UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

Xilinx ISE license not received with vivado design suite - system edition purchased license

Accepted Solution Solved
Highlighted
Visitor
Accepted Solution

Xilinx ISE license not received with vivado design suite - system edition purchased license

I'm getting licensing errors when trying to compile using the vivado .lic file. I'm seeing conflicting information regarding the use of vivado design suite edition on ISE. I have a project that involves spartan 6 chips. I purchased the license but it doesn't seem to be working with ISE. Is it possible to use the purchased vivado file with ISE 14.7?

Accepted Solutions
Xilinx Employee

Re: Xilinx ISE license not received with vivado design suite - system edition purchased license

Hello @tsensel,

Please note that these days, if you'd purchase a Vivado license, ISE (the same edition license) will/should be automatically added to your account. However, it looks like in your case, the required ISE license wasn't added (somehow) and indeed, in this case, you'd need to contact Xilinx Customer Services team (by opening a new electronic fulfillment SR under the LICENSING or ORDER section using Xilinx online Service Portal: https://www.xilinx.com/support.html#serviceportal) and they'd help you on this and will add the required license to your Xilinx Licensing account.

Anyhow, i'm glad your issue is now sorted and you've managed to obtain the required (missing) ISE license. Apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Have a nice day.

Kind Regards,

Anatoli

View solution in original post

All Replies
Xilinx Employee

Re: Xilinx ISE license not received with vivado design suite - system edition purchased license

Hi @tsensel

Can you share the license file here?

Also output of following tcl command in Vivado: report_environment -file env.txt

Thanks,

Vinay

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Have you tried typing your question in Google? If not you should before posting. Also, MARK this is as an answer in case it helped resolve your query/issue.Give kudos to the post that helped you to find the solution.
Visitor

I'm still installing vivado. Is it not possible to use the stand alone ISE 14.7?

Xilinx Employee

Hi @tsensel

The license file you attached has only Vivado features. Please login Xilinx Licensing Site and generate ISE License (follow the same steps that you followed to generate Vivado license).

You can use ISE 14.7 without installing Vivado.

If the ISE license is not available in your account, please raise a SR here.

Thanks,

Vinay

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Have you tried typing your question in Google? If not you should before posting. Also, MARK this is as an answer in case it helped resolve your query/issue.Give kudos to the post that helped you to find the solution.
Visitor

I had to contact support and request access for ISE. They issued a new license specific for ISE. Everything is functioning correctly. If you bought vivado to use ISE, you must contact support and request the license for ISE be issued to your account.

Xilinx Employee

Hello @tsensel,

Please note that these days, if you'd purchase a Vivado license, ISE (the same edition license) will/should be automatically added to your account. However, it looks like in your case, the required ISE license wasn't added (somehow) and indeed, in this case, you'd need to contact Xilinx Customer Services team (by opening a new electronic fulfillment SR under the LICENSING or ORDER section using Xilinx online Service Portal: https://www.xilinx.com/support.html#serviceportal) and they'd help you on this and will add the required license to your Xilinx Licensing account.

Anyhow, i'm glad your issue is now sorted and you've managed to obtain the required (missing) ISE license. Apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Have a nice day.

Kind Regards,

Anatoli