Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
taylo019
Visitor
Visitor

Xilinx ISE licensing error

Jump to solution

Hello. I am trying to activate my license for Xilinx Design using the xml license that was emailed to me. Whenever I attempt to load it, it gives the error:

Unable to load License Rights into Trusted Storage

Any ideas on how I can get this to work? Thank you for reading!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
vuppala
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee
Hello,

There are two ways to obtain license.

1. Contact the person from whom you received this kit (i.e., Xilinx university program team), they may help you.
2. Otherwise, purchase a new license.

Thanks,
Vinay
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Have you tried typing your question in Google? If not you should before posting. Also, MARK this is as an answer in case it helped resolve your query/issue.Give kudos to the post that helped you to find the solution.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
8 Replies
pulim
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi,

You can't use activation license (.xml file) to use with ISE.

You need to use certificate based license (.lic) file to use with ISE. This .lic file you need to generate from Certificate based Licenses section in your account.

0 Kudos
vuppala
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee
Hello @taylo019

Vivado uses activation based licenses i.e., .xml licenses.

ISE design suite uses certificate based licenses. i.e., .lic licenses

Thanks,
Vinay
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Have you tried typing your question in Google? If not you should before posting. Also, MARK this is as an answer in case it helped resolve your query/issue.Give kudos to the post that helped you to find the solution.
0 Kudos
vijayak
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee
Hi,
Can you please post the full error message?
Thanks,Vijay
Please mark the post as an answer "Accept as solution" in case it helped resolve your query.
Give kudos in case a post in case it guided to the solution.
0 Kudos
taylo019
Visitor
Visitor

Thank you all for your responses.

pulim and vuppala, I understand now. Thank you for the information.

vijayak, the error message that I'm receiving is copied in my original post in full.

The device that I'm trying to work with is the LX110T FPGA on the XUPV5-LX110T evaluation platform for research. The Webpack license of ISE doesn't allow this device to be used. I read in documentation that Vivado would not work for Virtex-5 FPGAs. Perhaps I was given the wrong license? How would I obtain an academic license for ISE so that I can use the Virtex-5 LX110T device in ISE?

Thank you all for your help.

0 Kudos
vuppala
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee
Hello,

There are two ways to obtain license.

1. Contact the person from whom you received this kit (i.e., Xilinx university program team), they may help you.
2. Otherwise, purchase a new license.

Thanks,
Vinay

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
taylo019
Visitor
Visitor

Thank you vuppala. I will work on this.

0 Kudos
rose_gomar

Hello

I am also unable to load .lic file, when I open lISE license manager there is a copy button, when I press that the license manager closes and nothing happens!

Could you please help to solve this issu?

0 Kudos
anatoli

Hello @taylo019 ,

Please raise your issue in a separate/new forum post, as this a really old topic that is now closed.

Please raise your question on Xilinx Installation and Licensing forum board here: https://forums.xilinx.com/t5/Installation-and-Licensing/bd-p/INSTALLBD

Xilinx Community can help you with your issue then.

Kind Regards,
Anatoli Curran,
Xilinx Technical Support
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.

If starting with Versal, take a look at our Versal Design Process Hub and our
Versal Blogs

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos