UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Newbie nitin

Xilinx SDNet Compiler version 2017.3 - SDNet cannot obtain license

Jump to solution

I have a Certificate Based Node-Locked License for Vivado Design Suite. I have set up my Vivado License Manager to point to that license. But when I run the following command on terminal,

sdnet <example_name>.sdnet -busType axi -workDir mytest1

I get the output "Xilinx SDNet Compiler version 2017.3 - SDNet cannot obtain license".

I have setup LM_LICENSE_FILE environment variable to point to the license for Vivado Design Suite. I am running Ubuntu 16.04. Can someone tell what is the issue ?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Xilinx SDNet Compiler version 2017.3 - SDNet cannot obtain license

Jump to solution

Hello @nitin,

Hope you are doing well.

Please note that I was talking to the SDNet marketing members and they have confirmed that SDNet Lounge was removed last week, and in there, there was a link on how to obtain the license. However, this link is now removed when SDNet Lounge was removed.

The reason why SDNet lounge was removed, is because all the documentation were made publicly available on the Xilinx.com website: https://www.xilinx.com/products/design-tools/software-zone/sdnet.html#download, therefore there is no longer need requesting access to SDNet Lounge.

Based on these public docs I didn't find the info on how the users can obtain the SDNet license file.

Therefore, I've confirmed with the SDNet marketing team and they have stated that the Customers can only request license through their FAEs or sales contact.

A request was made to update the instructions on how to obtain the SDNet license in the UG1018 document. This will get updated soon.

As such, in order for you to obtain the SDNet license, please contact your local Authorized Distributor and they can provide this license for you.

Have a nice day.

Kind Regards,

Anatoli Curran,

Xilinx Technical Support

Kind Regards,
Anatoli Curran,
Xilinx Technical Support
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
0 Kudos
7 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

Please make sure  you have valid SDnet license . You may share your license through mail we will review your license file and get back you . You can also read through word editor and check license validity for SDnet 

For your information In Vivado 2017.3, activation licensing is no longer supported. Existing activation licenses have been replaced with certificate based license that can be accessed from www.xilinx.com/getlicense.

This Return License option in VLM was related to Activation Based licensing and since this is no longer supported, this option was removed too. 

Hope it will help you 

Thanks and Regards
Balkrishan
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post as an answer "Accept as solution" in case it helped resolve your query.
Give kudos in case a post in case it guided to the solution.
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Hello @nitin,

Do you have a valid SDNet License file? Please note that Node-Locked License for Vivado Design Suite doesn't come with SDNet license file and this needs to be obtained separately. Can you confirm on this please? Thanks

-Anatoli

Kind Regards,
Anatoli Curran,
Xilinx Technical Support
Newbie nitin

Jump to solution

I do not have a separate SDNet License file. I was trying to use the Node-Locked License for Vivado Design Suite as the license for  SDNet Compiler . Can you please let me know how to obtain the SDNet Compiler license file and how much does it cost?

Thanks. 

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Hello @nitin,

Please note that in order for you to obtain an SDNet license, you'd first need to request access to SDNet Lounge: SDNet Lounge. Once access is granted, you'd then be able to log in to the SDNet Lounge and will find the necessary docs on how/where to obtain this license.

Best Regards,

Anatoli

Kind Regards,
Anatoli Curran,
Xilinx Technical Support
0 Kudos
Newbie nitin

Jump to solution

I am able to login to SDNet Lounge. The documentation  "SDNet Compiler Installation" says that "You will have received an email containing an SDNet license file as an attachment". But there is no information of where to get the license from.

0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution
Please wait for 24 hours . In general request approve in few hours
Thanks and Regards
Balkrishan
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post as an answer "Accept as solution" in case it helped resolve your query.
Give kudos in case a post in case it guided to the solution.
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Hello @nitin,

Hope you are doing well.

Please note that I was talking to the SDNet marketing members and they have confirmed that SDNet Lounge was removed last week, and in there, there was a link on how to obtain the license. However, this link is now removed when SDNet Lounge was removed.

The reason why SDNet lounge was removed, is because all the documentation were made publicly available on the Xilinx.com website: https://www.xilinx.com/products/design-tools/software-zone/sdnet.html#download, therefore there is no longer need requesting access to SDNet Lounge.

Based on these public docs I didn't find the info on how the users can obtain the SDNet license file.

Therefore, I've confirmed with the SDNet marketing team and they have stated that the Customers can only request license through their FAEs or sales contact.

A request was made to update the instructions on how to obtain the SDNet license in the UG1018 document. This will get updated soon.

As such, in order for you to obtain the SDNet license, please contact your local Authorized Distributor and they can provide this license for you.

Have a nice day.

Kind Regards,

Anatoli Curran,

Xilinx Technical Support

Kind Regards,
Anatoli Curran,
Xilinx Technical Support
0 Kudos