cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Xilinx activation without internet.

Xilinx activation without internet. Good afternoon, please tell me how to activate the license for Xilinx using a stand-alone activator ??? Does anyone have any instructions? At work there is a computer that can not be connected to the Internet.

0 Kudos
8 Replies
anatoli

Hello zubarev_s_v@goznak.ru,

"activate the license for Xilinx using a stand-alone activator " ?

Xilinx doesn't provide such a "stand-alone activator"? Are you talking about LMTOOLs perhaps (if this is in relation to a floating license installation)?

Anyhow, Activation Based licensing is no longer supported, so please use the normal Certificate Based licensing methodology.

i.e. Log in to www.xilinx.com/getlicenses on a PC that has internet access (computer A). Generate your Certificate Based Xilinx.lic license file for the machine where you are planning to install this license file (computer B) (i.e. targeting MAC/Host ID of this particular machine (B) that has no internet access (assuming this is the machine (B) you are planning to use this license on)) . Then, once obtained, transfer this license using e.g. an USB memory stick, to this machine (B) that has no access to the internet. Done.

You don't need internet access to install this license.

If further help is needed, please let us know.

Kind Regards,
Anatoli Curran,
Xilinx Technical Support
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.

If starting with Versal, take a look at our Versal Design Process Hub and our
Versal Blogs

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos

Anatoly thanks for the info. Yes, I meant it is a floating license. That's just another question: I entered the section to generate a license and I can’t understand what to write in Host Id Value is this Mac address or something?

2018-10-19_16-51-04.jpg
0 Kudos
anatoli

If you select Disk Serial Number in #3 (Host ID Type), then in #4 you'd need to enter your Disk Serial Number of the machine where you are planning to install this license.

However, if you chose MAC/Network Interface (NIC) ID, then you'd need to enter your MAC/Host ID of the machine (again MAC/Host ID of a machine, where you are planning to install this license).

If you open "Manage Xilinx Licenses 2018.x" (Vivado License Manager (VLM)) on this particular machine, under View Host Information, here you can find your Host Name, Disk/Drive Serial Number and NIC ID, e.g.:

2.PNG

Kind Regards,
Anatoli Curran,
Xilinx Technical Support

Versal Blogs

0 Kudos

Now everything has become clear)))) I will try to thank you so much on Monday.

0 Kudos
anatoli

Have you now managed to generate your license file? Is all OK now?

If further help is needed, please let us know.

Have a nice day.

Kind Regards,
Anatoli Curran,
Xilinx Technical Support

Versal Blogs

0 Kudos

Anatoli so far unfortunately could not check now I am on an urgent business trip. As soon as I leave, I'll try and write right away. Thank.

0 Kudos
anatoli

Is there any further assistance required in relation to this matter? If so, please let us know and we will be glad to help you further then.

However if your query is answered now, please mark a response as 'Accepted Solution' (more info on this can be found here: https://forums.xilinx.com/t5/help/faqpage/faq-category-id/solutions#solutions), so that the topic can be completed then.

We appreciate your help.

Kind Regards,
Anatoli Curran,
Xilinx Technical Support

Versal Blogs

0 Kudos

Anatoly, thank you, everything turned out. Product activated. Everything works in state mode.

0 Kudos