UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Observer cheninihanen
Observer

Xilinx license (ZC706 and system generator)

Hi sir,

I have a problem with my license (I obtained a license for purchased product) but some features of this license are not permanent 

Please my question is how to buy a permanent license for some features  (required for my work)???

Thank you

0 Kudos
14 Replies

Re: Xilinx license (ZC706 and system generator)

@cheninihanen

What do you mean by some features which are not permanent? Can you share you license file? 

Xilinx purchase license is a permanent license with version limit concept. Check the following link to understand version limit: 

https://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/33770.html

FYI: 

AR explaining on Expiration: 

https://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/42383.html 

https://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/42384.html

License Limit: https://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/42385.html

--Syed

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.
Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.

Did you check our new quick reference timing closure guide (UG1292)?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Observer cheninihanen
Observer

Thank you for yoyr reply

I mean by some feature for example I need 'SysGen' and 'synthesis' and 'XC7Z045' as seen in the attached figure

These three features are not permanent 

license manager.PNG
0 Kudos

@cheninihanen

You can open .lic file in any text editor and it should contain word Permanent which means your license will not expire. 

https://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/42384.html

Did you generate 30days Vivado evaluation license? 

Can you please share xinfo.txt? Run the following command from Vivado TCL console to generate xinfo.txt.

report_environment -file xinfo.txt
After running the command just type “pwd” this will show you the path where the xinfo.txt file is generated. You can browse to that path and find the file.

--Syed

Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

0 Kudos
Observer cheninihanen
Observer

Sorry this is my second license with first license with Sysgen or when I synthesis architecture with ZC706 board I have problem with vivado to check my license

0 Kudos

@cheninihanen

Please share your xilinx license file (.lic) and xinfo.txt file mentioned in my previous post. I believe you must have generated 30days Vivado evaluation license which is only valid for 30days. 

--Syed

0 Kudos
Observer cheninihanen
Observer

No I didn't generate an evaluation license

0 Kudos
Observer cheninihanen
Observer

here my license.lic

0 Kudos

@cheninihanen

You have 30days evaluation license which will expire on 3rd Oct 2018

Capture.JPG

--Syed

0 Kudos
Observer cheninihanen
Observer

Please I want to know how to generate a valid Xilinx Vivado

In fact, I used the same account  of my colleague to generate my license and this account is generated using a valid serial number of my current board. So in this case I can't generate a permanent license???

0 Kudos

@cheninihanen

A node locked license from xilinx account can be generated only once. Once you create the license, the license will be moved from create new license page to manage Xilinx license. Please check page 46 in below UG: 

https://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/sw_manuals/xilinx2018_2/ug973-vivado-release-notes-install-license.pdf#page=46

If you would like to rehost the license then please check the below AR:

https://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/36136.html

--Syed

0 Kudos

Hello @cheninihanen,

The licenses that you've generated is just your Vivado WebPack license and also your free Vivado 30-days Evaluation license.

No full or device locked licenses are shown based on the Xinfo provided.

Have you received this license with your purchased board? If so, there should be a voucher that should have came with the kit.

Have you redeemed this voucher yet?

Or perhaps you've purchased a license from Xilinx directly or Xilinx Distributor, and have then received an email stating that your license have been added into your licensing account, however once you are logged in, the purchased license isn't listed in the Created New Licenses tab (in www.xilinx.com/getlicenses)? Can you confirm on this please? Thanks in advance.

Kind Regards,
Anatoli Curran,
Xilinx Technical Support
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Observer cheninihanen
Observer

Hello sir

Sorry for my late response please if you can help to resolve my problem to generate a permanent license for some Xilinx tools.

Yes, I generated this license for a purchased board and my collegue already used the voucher that came with board to generate the license  beginning Mars 2018. From the first use of this account, the generated license is an evaluation license ???  So please any help ??? 

I have another question about system generator if we need to buy a spereate license for this tools or it will included in the generated license for a purchased board??

Thank you

0 Kudos
Observer cheninihanen
Observer

Any help please ???

0 Kudos

Hello @cheninihanen,

ZC706 kit indeed comes with a Node locked & Device-locked to theZynq-7000 XC7Z045.

However, the license you've shared with us doesn't have this license included and all is has a bunch of free Evaluation licenses that will expire soon.

If your colleague is already redeemed this voucher under his one profile and then generated this license for his own PC, then this license is only valid for his own PC. Only one set of this Node-Locked (Device Locked) license is given with each kit, therefore you can't generate a second copy of this license for your own PC.

I hope the above is clear.

If you have any further questions for me, please let me know. 

Also, for me to be able to receive a notification on this post, please reply with @anatoli in the reply, and I will respond back your additional questions then. Thanks in advance.

Kind Regards,
Anatoli Curran,
Xilinx Technical Support
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
0 Kudos