Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mohidnabil
Visitor
Visitor

[ZCU102 ES1]Cant find part xzcu9eg for zcu102 board

Jump to solution

I upgraded my vivado hls to 2017.3.1 , Even though the board file for zcu102 is there, i cannot locate the part xzcu9eg. When i select zcu102 board file and try to synthesize my code it gives an error saying "Part 'xczu9eg' is not installed"

Now my license file is update and i tried enabling beta device. It gives the following prompt.

enable_beta_device*
40 Beta devices matching pattern found, 0 enabled

what am i doing wrong here?

It was working fine for 2017.2 version that i had before.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
anatoli

Hello @mohidnabil,

Based on what you have shown to me, you have installed a WebPACK version of Vivado. You have installed Vivado WebPACK edition instead of Vivado System/Design Edition. 

Based on your list of devices installed, all i can see are the devices that are all supported by Vivado WebPACK.

If you check this page, https://www.xilinx.com/products/design-tools/vivado/vivado-webpack.html, here you can see this:

Vivado HL WebPACK Edition supports the following devices: Zynq UltraScale+ MPSoC (XCZU2CG/EG, XCZU3CG/EG), Zynq®-7000 All Programmable SoC (XC7Z007S – XC7Z7030), Spartan-7 (XC7S50), Artix®-7 (XC7A15T, XC7A35T, XC7A50T, XC7A75T, XC7A100T, XC7A200T), Kintex®-7 (XC7K70T, XC7K160T) , Kintex UltraScale™ (XCKU025 – XCKU035) and Kintex UltraScale+ (XCKU3P, XCKU5P).

And your file that you shared with me also lists all of these devices and no other non-WebPACK supported devices are listed.

Also, looking at your xinstall.log file, I can see this:

2017-10-31 12:04:15,605 INFO : o.f:? - Updating Edition: Vivado HL WebPACK
2017-10-31 12:04:15,605 INFO : o.f:? - Installation directory is C:\Xilinx

So, it looks like you have update your Vivado edition to WebPACK.

Therefore, please uninstall your current version of Vivado and re-install this and this time please select Vivado System Edition.

The required device should be available for you then.

If you have any questions, please let me know.

Kind Regards,

Anatoli

Kind Regards,
Anatoli Curran,
Xilinx Technical Support
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.

If starting with Versal, take a look at our Versal Design Process Hub and our
Versal Blogs

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
11 Replies
umamahe
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

ZCU102 board mounted with  XCZU9EG-2FFVB1156 FPGA.  

There could be some issue in board. Please try to debug as per https://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/68386.html.

Please mark this post as an "Accept as solution" in case if it helped to resolve your query. So that it will help to other forum users to directly refer to the answer.

Give kudos to this post in case if you think the information is useful and reply oriented.

0 Kudos
bandi

Hi @mohidnabil,

Did you install the device during vivado installation? 

zynq_us.JPG

Are you able to select the part while creating the Vivado project? Do you have the valid license can you please share the license file? Can you write " enable_beta_device xczu*" command in the Vivado_init.tcl and then launch Vivado and check. 

Also, Can you please share the following files to check at our end:
1. xinstall.log from the location C:\Xilinx\.xinstall\Vivado_2017.1
2. Installed_devices.txt from the location C:\Xilinx\Vivado\2017.1\data\parts
3. Run the below TCL command in Vivado TCL console and share the generated xinfo.txt file. Type “pwd” in TCL console after the below command to know the location where the xinfo file is generated and stored.

report_environment -file xinfo.txt

Thanks & Regards,
Sravanthi B

Thanks & Regards,
Sravanthi B
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
anatoli

Hello @mohidnabil,

Is this in relation to xzcu9eg-ES1 part or a standard production xzcu9eg part?

A can see you have a beta license. Can you please open your license and see if  xzcu9eg-ES1 as well as  xzcu9eg-ES1_bitgen parts are both exist in the license file?

Secondary, is this a Floating beta license or a Node-Locked?

Thanks,

Anatoli

Kind Regards,
Anatoli Curran,
Xilinx Technical Support

Versal Blogs

0 Kudos
mohidnabil
Visitor
Visitor

I just upgraded the previous version of vivado and it was working fine there. I have attached the required files. Regards

0 Kudos
mohidnabil
Visitor
Visitor

I used the same license in the 2017.2 version that i had. So i assume the license has the part. Also it is node locked.

0 Kudos
anatoli

Hello @mohidnabil,

Are you trying to target xzcu9eg-ES1 part or xzcu9eg-ES2.  If this is in relation to xzcu9eg-ES2, then this 'xzcu9eg-ES2' part feature is missing in your license file.

There was an issue where for some people this feature was missing. However, this was fixed a little while ago.

If that is the case and if you are targeting xzcu9eg-ES2, to fix this, can you please log in to www.xilinx.com/getlicenses and from the "Manage Licenses" tab, delete this particular license file (there is a little trash bin icon that you can click on to delete this license) and once deleted, navigate back to "Create New Licenses" and under here, generate this license again and then, once generated, please check if 'xzcu9eg-ES2' feature is now present in the license file. 

However, if you are trying to target xzcu9eg-ES1 part, then you do have a valid license for this and the  xzcu9eg-ES1 feature is in your current license file.

If the is the case, and it seems like you have installed your ES parts at the installation stage, then for some reason your Vivado_init.tcl can't be detected.

Do you have your Vivado_init.tcl (with the enable_beta_device* command in in it) in the location such as C:\Users\<user_name>\AppData\Roaming\Xilinx\Vivado ?

Prior opening Vivado, enable_beta_device* needs to be executed. If the Vivado_init.tcl (with the enable_beta_device* command in in it) can't be found, then a particular ES device won't be enabled for you. Therefore, can you please go to C:\Users\<user_name>\AppData\Roaming\Xilinx\Vivado and see if you have Vivado_init.tcl in it? 

If you have any questions for me, please let me know.

Kind Regards,

Anatoli

Kind Regards,
Anatoli Curran,
Xilinx Technical Support

Versal Blogs

0 Kudos
mohidnabil
Visitor
Visitor

HI

So i added the init.tcl file in the path that you stated. I am still getting the following error

ERROR: [HLS 200-70] Part 'xczu9eg' is not installed

This is at the simulation stage. You can see from the attached pic that i have selected the zcu102 with es1 part. But when i go to the parts tab i dont see xzcu9eg anywhere. Could it be that there is a problem with the vivado installation? 

Capture.PNG
Capture1.PNG
0 Kudos
anatoli

Hello @mohidnabil,

Are you seeing this issue in Vivado tool itself or in Vivado HLS tool? Based on the error message, you are seeing this issue in Vivado HLS. Can you confirm on this please?

Kind Regards,

Anatoli

Kind Regards,
Anatoli Curran,
Xilinx Technical Support

Versal Blogs

0 Kudos
mohidnabil
Visitor
Visitor

Hi 

I am seeing this issue in Vivado HLS.

Regards

0 Kudos
anatoli

Hello @mohidnabil,

I've sent you some steps to try to overcome this issue. Please try these and let us know if you can then get your required devices enabled in Vivado HLS.

Kind Regards,

Anatoli

Kind Regards,
Anatoli Curran,
Xilinx Technical Support

Versal Blogs

0 Kudos
anatoli

Hello @mohidnabil,

Based on what you have shown to me, you have installed a WebPACK version of Vivado. You have installed Vivado WebPACK edition instead of Vivado System/Design Edition. 

Based on your list of devices installed, all i can see are the devices that are all supported by Vivado WebPACK.

If you check this page, https://www.xilinx.com/products/design-tools/vivado/vivado-webpack.html, here you can see this:

Vivado HL WebPACK Edition supports the following devices: Zynq UltraScale+ MPSoC (XCZU2CG/EG, XCZU3CG/EG), Zynq®-7000 All Programmable SoC (XC7Z007S – XC7Z7030), Spartan-7 (XC7S50), Artix®-7 (XC7A15T, XC7A35T, XC7A50T, XC7A75T, XC7A100T, XC7A200T), Kintex®-7 (XC7K70T, XC7K160T) , Kintex UltraScale™ (XCKU025 – XCKU035) and Kintex UltraScale+ (XCKU3P, XCKU5P).

And your file that you shared with me also lists all of these devices and no other non-WebPACK supported devices are listed.

Also, looking at your xinstall.log file, I can see this:

2017-10-31 12:04:15,605 INFO : o.f:? - Updating Edition: Vivado HL WebPACK
2017-10-31 12:04:15,605 INFO : o.f:? - Installation directory is C:\Xilinx

So, it looks like you have update your Vivado edition to WebPACK.

Therefore, please uninstall your current version of Vivado and re-install this and this time please select Vivado System Edition.

The required device should be available for you then.

If you have any questions, please let me know.

Kind Regards,

Anatoli

Kind Regards,
Anatoli Curran,
Xilinx Technical Support

Versal Blogs

View solution in original post

0 Kudos