Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kziegler
Visitor
Visitor

ZCU102 ES2 license followup

Jump to solution

Creating a new message since my reply to a previous message wasn't responded to (perhaps because the message was already marked 'solved'):

I have a ZCU102 Rev1.0/ES2 board but the included voucher gave me only support for ES1 level silicon.   A previous forum message indicated that to get ES2 silicon support, it's necessary to ask for it in the UltraScale+ FPGA errata lounge.  Where can I find the UltraScale+ FPGA errata lounge link?   I found an UltraScale FPGA errata lounge link - is that the same as for UltraScale+?

Also, is the fact that I purchased my ZCU102 as an independent consultant (with no Xilinx direct contact of my own) going to cause me problems signing up for the lounge to get an ES2 silicon license?   I ordered my dev kit directly from Xilinx.   I've tried to join other lounges in the past but have always seen my requests rejected.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
kziegler
Visitor
Visitor

Someone from Xilinx contacted me and updated my voucher file to include the necessary XCZU9EG-ES2 licenses, so I consider this topic resolved!    I appreciate all the help.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
13 Replies
austin
Scholar
Scholar

Have you contacted your local distributor?  They are responsible for support of A/D customers...

Austin Lesea
Principal Engineer
Xilinx San Jose
0 Kudos
kziegler
Visitor
Visitor

I ordered my development kit directly from Xilinx.

0 Kudos
austin
Scholar
Scholar

kz,

I understand.  Your local distributor is your first line of support.  If this is an aerospace/defense business use, you must go to your local distributor (no support allowed in the forums for these markets).

Austin Lesea
Principal Engineer
Xilinx San Jose
0 Kudos
thakurr

Hi @kziegler

Please contact your local distributor for this issue. Refer the list in the below link.

https://www.xilinx.com/about/contact/authorized-distributors.html

Regards

Rohit

Regards
Rohit
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos
kziegler
Visitor
Visitor

I will try, though I don't know why they would help me since I didn't order it from them.

0 Kudos
austin
Scholar
Scholar

kz,

They are the exclusive distributor.  That means they MUST support you (it is part of the deal).  If you have any issue, post back here.  They need to earn their exclusive distribution rights.

Austin Lesea
Principal Engineer
Xilinx San Jose
0 Kudos
mvitstarware
Observer
Observer

Hi @kziegler,

did you manage to get the licence sorted? Have you been accepted to the UltraScale lounge or did you go through distributors?

I have a ZCU102 and the same licence issue.

Best Regards,

Matteo

0 Kudos
kziegler
Visitor
Visitor

I was going to wait for one more try with the distributor (I've already tried twice), but since you're asking - no, I have not been successful getting support from the distributor.   I called the local office, asked for a Xilinx FAE, and got transferred to voice mail with two different people in my two attempts.   Left voice mail with my contact info and a description of the issue (licensing), and did not get a return call either time.   Last attempt was about a week ago.

It's not very helpful to have to rely on distributor support if they don't return your calls.

0 Kudos
kziegler
Visitor
Visitor

@austin, I've now left voicemail three times with the Xilinx FAEs for the distributor's San Jose office (I am in SV) over the past three weeks, and have not received a return call from any of those attempts.   Do you have another suggestion as to how I might get help with my ZCU102 licensing problem?

0 Kudos
austin
Scholar
Scholar

kz,

I have notified management.

Austin Lesea
Principal Engineer
Xilinx San Jose
0 Kudos
mmcguirk

Hi-

Have you tried downloading and running the Vivado 2016.4 tools and targeting the ZCU102 Rev 1.0 board yet? Did you actually run into a licensing problem? I believe you should have no problem targeting it out of the box.

Thanks,

Michael

0 Kudos
kziegler
Visitor
Visitor

I don't have a full license for Vivado right now.   I am relying on the voucher that was included with the development kit, which includes a Vivado license that is device-locked to the XCZU9EG.   My voucher is device-locked to the XCZU9EG-ES1, whereas the board has an XCZU9EG-ES2.    I know that because I read its JTAG ID and its first digit was a '1', not a '0', and I see the 'Rev 1.0' designation on the PCB silkscreen.

Unless the XCZU9EG-ES2 is now in Vivado WebPack, I would still need the following licenses: XCZU9EG-ES2, and XCZU9EG-ES2_bitgen.   What I have from the voucher is XCZU9EG-ES1 and XCZU9EG-ES1_bitgen.

All I need is an updated voucher number that will create the two ES2 device-locked licenses instead of ES1 licenses.

I can try a 30-day eval license of full Vivado and see if that would work; however, I was under the impression (perhaps incorrect) that to generate a bitstream on an engineering sample part the corresponding _bitgen license was needed even with a full Vivado license.

0 Kudos
kziegler
Visitor
Visitor

Someone from Xilinx contacted me and updated my voucher file to include the necessary XCZU9EG-ES2 licenses, so I consider this topic resolved!    I appreciate all the help.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos