cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hib1@

cannot get authentication to allow install of vivado

Jump to solution

I download the installation package and try to completer the install on my windows10 PC. when I enter my user name and password I get a message that the user name and password are incorrect.  these are the same items I enter successfully to enter my account when not downloading vivado . I have tried changing passwords and always get the same error, but only during the authentication step for vivado.

I have had xilinx tech support say this is an account problem and they can't help.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
anatoli

Hello hib1@,

Looks like you are using webinstaller to install Vivado.

In this case, indeed, you'd need to enter your User ID (hib1@) and Password (that is only known to you) that you have chosen for your Xilinx.com profile.

Are you saying that even if you enter the correct User ID and Password, the User Authentication is not accepting your Xilinx ID/password? 

If so, this behavior can occur when the system date and time are not set correctly on the machine.

Correcting the date and time of the system should prevent this problem from occurring.

This behaviour has also been seen on machines where the time displayed on the screen was correct but the time zone was wrong. After correcting the time zone and rerunning the installer, the downloader should work correctly then.

Can you please check and verify the above and see if this is not the case in your situation? Thanks

BTW, please note that you can't delete your profile, as there is no such option available for you. You can request to get this deleted (only if necessary) by contacting Xilinx Customer Service team using this email address: websupport_sponsor@xilinx.com. However, you'd also need to provide a valid reason why you'd like your current Xilinx.com profile to be deleted.

However, if you just like to edit your profile, you can do this by using this link: https://www.xilinx.com/myprofile/edit-profile.html

The "Edit Profile" option is available once you are signed in to Xilinx.com. The Edit Profile option will allow you to Update your personal info, to change password and also to Change your email address, if needed.

If you have any questions for me, please let me know.

Kind Regards,
Anatoli Curran,
Xilinx Technical Support
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.

If starting with Versal, take a look at our Versal Design Process Hub and our
Versal Blogs

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

11 Replies
florentw

HI hib1@,

Could you try to delete and recreate your account?

Florent
Product Application Engineer - Xilinx Technical Support EMEA
**~ Don't forget to reply, give kudos, and accept as solution.~**
0 Kudos
hib1@

There is no option in "edit my profile" or anywhere in  the service portal to delete an account .

Please suggest a solution.

thanks

0 Kudos
hib1@

I set up a separate account for my home address.  from home, I can install Vivado. when I access this account at my workplace I get a user authentication error at the last step of installing Vivado. there must be a firewall issue. can you suggest a workaround?

0 Kudos
anatoli

Hello hib1@,

Looks like you are using webinstaller to install Vivado.

In this case, indeed, you'd need to enter your User ID (hib1@) and Password (that is only known to you) that you have chosen for your Xilinx.com profile.

Are you saying that even if you enter the correct User ID and Password, the User Authentication is not accepting your Xilinx ID/password? 

If so, this behavior can occur when the system date and time are not set correctly on the machine.

Correcting the date and time of the system should prevent this problem from occurring.

This behaviour has also been seen on machines where the time displayed on the screen was correct but the time zone was wrong. After correcting the time zone and rerunning the installer, the downloader should work correctly then.

Can you please check and verify the above and see if this is not the case in your situation? Thanks

BTW, please note that you can't delete your profile, as there is no such option available for you. You can request to get this deleted (only if necessary) by contacting Xilinx Customer Service team using this email address: websupport_sponsor@xilinx.com. However, you'd also need to provide a valid reason why you'd like your current Xilinx.com profile to be deleted.

However, if you just like to edit your profile, you can do this by using this link: https://www.xilinx.com/myprofile/edit-profile.html

The "Edit Profile" option is available once you are signed in to Xilinx.com. The Edit Profile option will allow you to Update your personal info, to change password and also to Change your email address, if needed.

If you have any questions for me, please let me know.

Kind Regards,
Anatoli Curran,
Xilinx Technical Support

Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.

If starting with Versal, take a look at our Versal Design Process Hub and our
Versal Blogs

View solution in original post

hib1@

hello,

thanaks,

My time zone was wrong and I corrected it and restarted my computer. I still cannot get pat the 2nd user authentication check with the same id and password that allowed me to start the install process.  please provide other possible solutions.

Howard bassen

0 Kudos
hib1@

I tried the installation again and it worked.  Thanks for pointing out this special issue.

Sukhanya

Very helpful!

0 Kudos
Reg-Chin

I have encouter the same problem when setup XSDK on unbuntu Virtual machin.

the time /date /zone is all correct. The problem is resolve after I submit my personal message , like company , job ...

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
clecle-75

I'm running into the same problem here...

0 Kudos
ansarimo
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi @clecle-75 ,

Please check if the above suggestions work for you, if that doesn't work then raise a new forum topic so that community can address your query in a much better way.

Thanks and Best Regards,

Ansari Hunen

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as a solution.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos
ds

[Resolved] : I just updated the company details in profile, cross verified the timezone and it worked for me.