UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

create edif for purchased Xililnx IP (temac)

Jump to solution

Hello - Sorry up front if this is the wrong board.  I have purchased the temac license for a project.  I have a user/designer that does not have a license, can I create a edif of the temac core, so they can't modifiy it at all but still be able to generate a bit stream so they can work other aspects of the FPGA RTL design?  Or is that a violation of the license?

Thank you,

Scott

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: create edif for purchased Xililnx IP (temac)

Jump to solution

Hello @sallwine ,

Please note that no matter what, the person who'd need do generate bitstream, would need a set of required licenses based on the IP cores that are in the design, and also a Vivado software license required too, as otherwise your designer will have licensing issues in generating bitfiles.

In relation for them not to be able to modify the IP, you can protect your IP, by encrypting your IP. See https://www.xilinx.com/products/intellectual-property/ip-encryption.html for more info. I believe this is what you are looking for?

Hope this helps.

Kind Regards,
Anatoli Curran,
Xilinx Technical Support
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
1 Reply

Re: create edif for purchased Xililnx IP (temac)

Jump to solution

Hello @sallwine ,

Please note that no matter what, the person who'd need do generate bitstream, would need a set of required licenses based on the IP cores that are in the design, and also a Vivado software license required too, as otherwise your designer will have licensing issues in generating bitfiles.

In relation for them not to be able to modify the IP, you can protect your IP, by encrypting your IP. See https://www.xilinx.com/products/intellectual-property/ip-encryption.html for more info. I believe this is what you are looking for?

Hope this helps.

Kind Regards,
Anatoli Curran,
Xilinx Technical Support
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.