UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

es1 zcu102 in vivado 2018.3, add boardfiles, modify?

Hi

Is it possible to modify the boardfile or somehow use es1 for zcu102 in vivado 2018.3? I need to use this latest tool together with my old chip es1 zcu102. I know earlier 17.4 support this es1 with license and boardfile together with init.tcl. However I need the later 18.3 to be used.

Thank you

0 Kudos
4 Replies

Re: es1 zcu102 in vivado 2018.3, add boardfiles, modify?

@sudo

You can copy the board files in the installation folder of 2018.3 (<install_dir>/Vivado/<version>/data/boards/board_files)

Check Appendix A in below UG:

https://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/sw_manuals/xilinx2018_3/ug895-vivado-system-level-design-entry.pdf#page=100

--Syed

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.
Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.

Did you check our new quick reference timing closure guide (UG1292)?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos

Hello @sudo,

As this is in relation to XCZU9EG-ES1 part, you won't be able to target this part in 2018.3 version of Vivado.

2017.4.1 is the last Vivado release that supported ES1 silicon of this part. Therefore, to be able to design targetting XCZU9EG-ES1, please use Vivado 2017.4 or earlier versions of Vivado, as in 2018.3 you can only use XCZU9EG (i.e. a production part) or XCZU9EG-ES2, but not ES1.

Kind Regards,
Anatoli Curran,
Xilinx Technical Support
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
Contributor
Contributor

Is it not possible at all to use board files es1 and set init.tcl for vivado 18.3 to use es1?

How can I force vivado and sdk 18.3 to load bit, mcs, jtag debug for XCZU9EG es1 desbite the design is run, created for XCZU9EG?

0 Kudos

@sudo wrote:

Is it not possible at all to use board files es1 and set init.tcl for vivado 18.3 to use es1?

How can I force vivado and sdk 18.3 to load bit, mcs, jtag debug for XCZU9EG es1 desbite the design is run, created for XCZU9EG?

The answer for the first question above is NO, as there nothing to enable, as ES1 parts are not there, unlike with 2017.4. With 2017.4, with a valid ES1 license file, together with Vivado_init.tcl command in place, yes, this will enable to XCZU9EG-ES1 device for you, however with 2018.3 - this is not possible. You can test this yourself, and you'll notice then that your won't find XCZU9EG-ES1 part in 2018.3.

For your second question, we cannot guarantee what will happen if the wrong version of the bitstream is used for the different version of silicon.

We would always recommend using the files that correspond to the correct silicon version, as they wouldn’t have been tested otherwise.

Really, the production version of the silicon is a version that has fixed previous issues present in the ES silicon. So, it may be the case that using an ES bitstream on a production device will just not use all corrected features etc. Using the production bitstream on the ES device will more than likely not work, since the design may include features that are not present on the ES device.

Using the incorrect version of bitstream for silicon would be at the users own risk.

I hope the above is clear.

Kind Regards,
Anatoli Curran,
Xilinx Technical Support
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
0 Kudos