UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

failed in installing Vivado 2019.1, "could not connect to the internet..." issue is showing up again for v2019.1

Jump to solution

When installing the new Vivado v2019.1, after downloaded and ran the "xilinx installer", the installer reports "..cound not connect to the internet to..." , see attached, and hangs up. It happened on two PCs and failed in same way. There is not internet connectin issue in downloading the "xilinx installer" at the beginning.

By searching the forums, we see that the same issue happened many times before when installing the old versions of Vivado, and were fixed on Xilinx side later. It looks the same issue comes back again in v2019.1.

Please help.

Thanks

Xiao

xilinx_install_failed.png
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: failed in installing Vivado 2019.1, "could not connect to the internet..." issue is showing up again for v2019.1

Jump to solution

Update:

After I tried to "delect browsing history and cookies", the issue does not show-up again, and the dowload processing is in progress now.

Thanks,

Xiao

0 Kudos
8 Replies

Re: failed in installing Vivado 2019.1, "could not connect to the internet..." issue is showing up again for v2019.1

Jump to solution

Hello wangxiao@skhms ,

This is something seems to be related to your Proxy configuration settings.

If you select “Automatically Detect Settings” option, do you see the same behaviour or not?

If you open the Vivado  2019.1 Webinstaller .bin file, in a very first GUI that will get opened for you, there is a "Preferences" section that you can select and view the Proxy setting you currently have set in your case. Here is an example:

image.png
What are the proxy settings do you have set in your case? Is it manually configured or automatically in your case?

Can you confirm on this please? Thanks in advance.

Kind Regards,
Anatoli Curran,
Xilinx Technical Support
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

I just recently had the same issue using the downloader for XSDK.

I tried to use it in two places; one with a proxy and the other without.

With the proxy, I saw it trying to establish the connection and the proxy responds with failure to access cache due to not being authentincated even though I had put in my username and passphrase into the preferences menu.  Perhaps the xilinx downloader is not passing the authentication information correctly or maybe it's our proxy.  Unsure at this point.

The forum does not like html in the message body so editing to make it happy.

I also tried on a non-proxied network, directly connected, and this one failed when attempting to get h t t p://www.xilinx.com/direct/swhelp/installClientInfo.dat. The xilinx server responds with a "301 Permanently Moved" redirecting to h t t p s://www.xilinx.com/direct/swhelp/installClientInfo.dat. (redirect to secure socket) It appears the downloader does not understand the redirect and fails.

John

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Actually I already tried both ways before I posted the issue: "direct connect" and "automatically detect settings", and neither worked for me.

I am currently running Vivado v2018.3 on the same PC, which has no problem in connecting to Xilinx web (i.e. using DocNav).

Thanks.

Xiao

0 Kudos
Visitor nbrittain3
Visitor

Jump to solution

I'm also having the same problem, ran the installer on both an Ubuntu 18 VM and an Ubuntu 14 Docker Container, running on a Windows 10 host.

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Update:

After I tried to "delect browsing history and cookies", the issue does not show-up again, and the dowload processing is in progress now.

Thanks,

Xiao

0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jump to solution

Hi @nbrittain3 , wangxiao@skhms 

As you may already know, there was an issue on Xilinx side but it has been already solved.

If you still have the same issue, please let us know.

Best regards,

Yuka

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Hello wangxiao@skhms ,

Can you please confirm if you are still seeing issues?

There was a problem from our side back then when you've reported this issue, however this was resolved a few day back.
Therefore, can you please let us know if your issue is now resolved or not?

Thanks in advance and have a nice day.

Kind Regards,
Anatoli Curran,
Xilinx Technical Support
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Hello wangxiao@skhms ,

Hope you are doing well.

I can see you have managed to overcome this issue and the problem is sorted now.

As the issue is now resolved, we would appreciate if you can close this topic by marking a response as Accepted Solution (more info on this can be found here: https://forums.xilinx.com/t5/help/faqpage/faq-category-id/solutions#solutions). This way, the topic can be completed then. 

Thanks a lot in advance and have a nice day.

Kind Regards,
Anatoli Curran,
Xilinx Technical Support
0 Kudos