cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NikosMav

installation problem vitis

Hi i am using VMware and ubuntu 18.04  . I downloaded and extracted vitis but when i try to run xsetup.exe i get the following message, any advice?

Error occurred while loading the archive

0 Kudos
3 Replies
ansarimo
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi @NikosMav 

Xsetpup.exe is a window executable for installation, for Linux installation, you will get .bin file, please check if .bin file is present in your case.

If .bin file is not present then I suspect you have downloaded the wrong installation file, in this case, reach out to the Xilinx download page and download the SW for Linux OS.

Once downloaded then refer to the following UG for a detailed step by step guide on installation:https://www.xilinx.com/html_docs/xilinx2020_2/vitis_doc/vitis_embedded_installation.html

Hope this helps.

Thanks and Regards,

Ansari Hunen

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as a solution.

0 Kudos
NikosMav

Hi i managed to start the installation proccess and at some point i get a message that the os i am using 18.04 is not officialy supported and if i would like to continue anyway ok press and the installation proccess starts but after that nothing happens i seems like its loading it is not crashing but i left it running for more than five hours and got no result.

0 Kudos
ansarimo
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi @NikosMav 

Please tag me using @ and my user name so that I get notified of your response.

Which Vitis version are you using? What is the exact OS version used?

These are the supported OS for Vitis 2020.2 as shown in the snapshot below, check if you are using the supported one:

ansarimo_0-1618900711347.png

The above table also describes the memory requirements and hard disk space, please check if you meet all of the above requirements before proceeding to install.

Refer to the following Vitis documentation which has a detailed step by step guide for installation: https://www.xilinx.com/html_docs/xilinx2020_2/vitis_doc/vitis_embedded_installation.html#aqk1602182735862__ae364401

If this also doesn't help then try downloading and installing the Vitis All OS installer(43.07GB) available on the Xilinx download page: and also share the logfile located at 

on Linux :/home/<username>/.Xilinx/xinstall_xxxx.log

ansarimo_1-1618901013275.png

Hope this helps.

Thanks and Regards,

Ansari Hunen

Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as a solution.

0 Kudos