cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
andrew.noble

ise 14.5 webpack licence for windows 8

I have downloaded ise 14.5 and was sent a free license by email.  I saved the file and ran the license configuration manager.  i copied the file to the default folder but the program still tells me that I don't have a license.  Am I missing something?
I am using windows 8 if that makes a difference.
I am able to create a new project, but when I implement it the program gives a license error and closes.  The program closes again if I try to open the previously made project.

Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Thank yo

0 Kudos
2 Replies
syedz

HI,

Windows 8 is unsupported OS for ISE 14.5. Please have a look at page number 7 in the following. PDF for supported OS with ISE 14.5  http://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/sw_manuals/xilinx14_5/irn.pdf

Are you able to see the license feature information getting updated after you copy the license file in Xilinx license configuration manager?

Regards,

Syed

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.
Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.

Did you check our new quick reference timing closure guide (UG1292)?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
athandr
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi,

As alread mentioned presently Xilnix tools do not have support for Windows 8.  However just to make sure you are doing the right thing, kindly check below on where to give the path to the license file. 

You can give the complete path to the license in the  XILINXD_LICENSE_FILE location((In the license manager) and click on Set to set the environment variables for running ISE.

1.PNG

thanks,

Thanks,
Anirudh

PS: Please MARK this as an answer in case it helped resolve your query.Give kudos in case the post guided you to a solution.
0 Kudos