cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

license file for virtex-7 devices

Hi,

I am using  Xilinx ISE 13.2 to implement logic design selecting virtex 6 and virtex 7 devices.I have implemented the design by targetting virtex 6 successfully. But I am not able to implement the design for virtex 7 device.I got map error that this  virtex 7 feature is not available for ISE and problem encountered to get license for this architecture.

How to get license file for virtex-7 feature inorder to implement  logic design using ISE 13.2 ???

0 Kudos
9 Replies
vuppala
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi Deepak,

It seems you are using webpack license with ISE 13.2.

ISE webpack license do not support virtex 7 devices. for supported devices, have a look at http://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/sw_manuals/xilinx13_2/irn.pdf

Thanks.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Have you tried typing your question in Google? If not you should before posting. Also, MARK this is as an answer in case it helped resolve your query/issue.Give kudos to the post that helped you to find the solution.
0 Kudos

I have gone through this ISE 13.2 user guide. In that they have mentioned virtex 7  devices are visible but require license to implement .Virtex 7 devices are license controlled.

Whats the solution for this ?

0 Kudos

License type is node locked .

0 Kudos
vuppala
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi Deepak,

As mentioned, virtex 7XT and Artix 7 devices require a special (device locked) license to use with ISE 13.2.

Thanks.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Have you tried typing your question in Google? If not you should before posting. Also, MARK this is as an answer in case it helped resolve your query/issue.Give kudos to the post that helped you to find the solution.
0 Kudos
ywu
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

You should really be using the latest tools (i.e. 14.2 for 7 series designs).

@deepac88@gmail.com wrote:

I have gone through this ISE 13.2 user guide. In that they have mentioned virtex 7  devices are visible but require license to implement .Virtex 7 devices are license controlled.

Whats the solution for this ?

Cheers,
Jim
0 Kudos

Thanks. But how about to use ISE 13 .3 ???? I have read that this supports virtex 7 series .

can i get license for virtex 7 series to use it in ISE 13.2 ???

If there is no way then i will go for 14.3 only.

0 Kudos
vuppala
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi Deepak,

ISE 13.3 supports virtex 7 devices. But I would recommend you to use ISE 13.3 if you have a proper license instead of using ISE 13.2.

Thanks,

Vinay

0 Kudos

Thank you so much for your information. But our problem has not been solved yet . Because we dont have license file for ISE 13.3 .How to get license file for ISE 13.3 ???
0 Kudos
vuppala
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Can you please attach your license file here so that I can check and let you know why it is not working..

0 Kudos