UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Explorer
Explorer

license issue when creating PCIe core

Jump to solution

I'm using Vivado 2018.2 to create a PCIe core for Ultrascale Kintex device and received this error.

Failed to get license for feature "sythesis and/or device 'xcku040. Cannot connect to a license server running the xilinxd licensing damon on the specific host.

But my License Manager does show I have a license as shown in the "attachment file"

This was working before with the Kintex and Zynq device but why not the Ultrascale device.

How should I resolve this?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: license issue when creating PCIe core

Jump to solution

Hi again @tchin123,

Yes, indeed you'd need lmgrd and xilinxd both to be v11.14 (or newer) for the newer versions of Vivado to be able to check out the licenses from the server.

Please obtain these utilities from the downloads page (https://www.xilinx.com/support/download.html) and provide the .zip file to your floating license admin (please note that there are utilities specifically for Windows OS and also separately – for Linux). Then ask the admin to unzip this anywhere on the server. Then he/she needs to start the floating license server using the lmgrd from this location where he/she has just unzip these. It will then in turn will call the xilinxd vendor daemon (also found from the same location as lmgrd v11.14).  And that is it then, Vivado 2018.x will then be able to successfully detect and check out the necessary license and your issue will be resolved then.

Hope this helps.

Have a nice day and enjoy your weekend.

Kind Regards,
Anatoli Curran,
Xilinx Technical Support
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
3 Replies

Jump to solution

Hello @tchin123,

Can you please open a command prompt and CD to the location such as e.g.: C:/Xilinx/Vivado/2018.2/bin/unwrapped/win64.o (for windows 64-bit OS)

Then, from here, please run this command: lmutil lmstat –a –c <port_number>@<server_name> -i (in your case the command would be as followed: lmutil lmstat –a –c 2100@10.0.0.94 -i)

Then please see if lmgrd is UP and xilinxd is UP too and then, see what version of flexlm utilities the server is/was started with? Do you see v11.14 for both lmgrd and xilinxd?

Can you confirm on this please? Thanks

Kind Regards,
Anatoli Curran,
Xilinx Technical Support
0 Kudos
Explorer
Explorer

Jump to solution

it was an old version, earlier than 11.14.1. I'll install the later one.

thx.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Jump to solution

Hi again @tchin123,

Yes, indeed you'd need lmgrd and xilinxd both to be v11.14 (or newer) for the newer versions of Vivado to be able to check out the licenses from the server.

Please obtain these utilities from the downloads page (https://www.xilinx.com/support/download.html) and provide the .zip file to your floating license admin (please note that there are utilities specifically for Windows OS and also separately – for Linux). Then ask the admin to unzip this anywhere on the server. Then he/she needs to start the floating license server using the lmgrd from this location where he/she has just unzip these. It will then in turn will call the xilinxd vendor daemon (also found from the same location as lmgrd v11.14).  And that is it then, Vivado 2018.x will then be able to successfully detect and check out the necessary license and your issue will be resolved then.

Hope this helps.

Have a nice day and enjoy your weekend.

Kind Regards,
Anatoli Curran,
Xilinx Technical Support