UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

license voucher

HI,

I got a license voucher with a zed board and when i was trying to reddem the voucher i lost connection so i could not generate the license filee. Later on it refused to accept the voucher saying that it is redeemed. This is a big issue now since i cant use the zed board with out it. I need an urgent solution thank you.

with regards,

Kiran

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Scholar u4223374
Scholar

Re: license voucher

You don't actually need a license voucher to use the Zedboard now; the free Vivado WebPack license works fine with it. The license voucher is a left-over from when the WebPack license had significantly more restrictions.

With that said, if you login to your account you should be able to see all redeemed vouchers (and download the license files).

Hello @kadiyalakiran ,

In relation to the voucher issue, you'd need to raise an Electronic Fulfillment SR with Xilinx Customer Service team (by logging in to https://www.xilinx.com/support.html#serviceportal -> LICENSING), and they will then be able help you to redeem this voucher code. They are the only people who can sort this out for you in your situation described above.

Hope this helps.

Kind Regards,
Anatoli Curran,
Xilinx Technical Support
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a bigger issue. I also have a zynq ultra scale board whose license voucher i had redeemde in august. To my dismaly i found that the synthesis license is only for one month. Am i missing something. This voucher information is associated with my account. Please suggest.

Thank you,

with regards,

K.Kiran Kumar

0 Kudos

Hello @kadiyalakiran ,

Please note that Xilinx licensing vouchers come with the device locked licenses. These licenses don't come with the features such as 'Synthesis', 'Implementation'. Within a device locked license, there is a device specific licensing feature, e.g. XC7Z045

image.png

So, when you run a Synthesis flow, at this stage Vivado will search for a 'Synthesis' licensing feature or, if not found, it will then search and see if there are any device locked licenses in place. If so, it will then search and use e.g. the 'xc7z045' licensing feature, for the Synthesis run. The same feature would be used at the Implementation and the bitstream generation stages.

Therefore, please make sure you are seeing a device locked feature listed under Vivado License Manager (VLM) and it should include the version limit of 2020.08 (August 2020). If so, then you don't need to worry about the Synthesis feature you are seeing right now, as it belongs to a different license file that you have, a 30-days evaluation license file.

Hope this helps.

Kind Regards,
Anatoli Curran,
Xilinx Technical Support
0 Kudos

Hi anatoly,

i am trying to us Matlab+ xilinx tool chain to program the zynq. In this process its not finding the synthesis license . How does a node locked license work then. What should i do to make this work. Do the board have to be connected to the computer?. thank you.

with regards

K.Kiran Kumar.

0 Kudos

Hello @kadiyalakiran ,

Sounds like your device locked license may have not been installed correctly. 

Can you please send me your Xinfo report generated on the PC where you see this licensing issue?

Xinfo.txt can be generated by running the "report_environment –file xinfo.txt" command in Vivado TCL console.

Kind Regards,
Anatoli Curran,
Xilinx Technical Support
0 Kudos