UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Newbie isae

local xilinx directory for license file

Hello,

I've generated a license file for my laptop. When I use Vivado License Manager, it copies my license file in my home directory on my company network. But I want also to work outside from the company network, during business trips... And then I won't be connected to this network. So the home xilinx directory should be a local directory. I can I do that ? Vivado License Manager don't provide an option to specify the directory to store the license file.

Thanks

Arnaud

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: local xilinx directory for license file

Hello Arnaud,

The license file was copied to network drive since your network drive was configured as home drive.

Follow below steps to change your home drive:

1. Open Command Prompt

2. Run the command: echo %homedrive%

3. Set the environmental variable: homedrive to C: (local drive)

4. Now copy the license again and it will copy the license to C: drive.

Thanks,

Vinay

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Have you tried typing your question in Google? If not you should before posting. Also, MARK this is as an answer in case it helped resolve your query/issue.Give kudos to the post that helped you to find the solution.
0 Kudos

Hi,

Refer below answer record:

http://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/60180.html

Thanks,
Anusheel
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Search for documents/answer records related to your device and tool before posting query on forums.
Search related forums and make sure your query is not repeated.

Please mark the post as an answer "Accept as solution" in case it helps to resolve your query.
Helpful answer -> Give Kudos
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos
Visitor chrclausen
Visitor

My %HOMEDRIVE% is automatically mapped to a network drive, however I would like to also be able to use Vivado when offline. Is there any way to make it use C:\ instead?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi @chrclausen, you can open the Vivado License Manager (Start > Xilinx Design Tools > Manage Xilinx Licenses) and select the "Manage License Search Paths" option. You can then set a folder/file of your choice in the XILINXD_LICENSE_FILE area from which licenses will be picked up.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos