UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

system error SHSMP64.DLL

Jump to solution

i have download vivado 2017 in windows 7 . when i open the application i get a system error .dll missing and 0xc0000005  error.

how to resolve it.

Capture.PNG
Capture1.PNG
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: system error SHSMP64.DLL

Jump to solution

I faced the same problem while installing other latest software too, where i could find updating windows helped me resolve this problem.

8 Replies

Jump to solution

Hi @s.kishore1998

Check this thread:

https://forums.xilinx.com/t5/Installation-and-Licensing/Can-t-load-Vivado-15-1-on-Windows-8-1-SHSMP64-dll-is-missing/td-p/638039

Please note that with Vivado version 2017.x Visual C++ redistributable 2015 is used.

Regards

Rohit

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Regards
Rohit
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

i am using vivado 2017.2

0 Kudos

Jump to solution
i cant resolve yet
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Hi @s.kishore1998

If reinstalling didnot work. Can you please try with AR#59304 and see if it helps:

https://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/59304.html

If any other system which is having the working 2017.2 install, try replacing the particular dll in Vivado installed location with the one from working machine.

Also check this link:

http://www.fixerrorkit.com/fix-error/fix-SHSMP64.DLL-error.html

Hope the given suggestions help.

Regards

Rohit

Regards
Rohit

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Hello @s.kishore1998,

I would like to check with you and see if you were able to resolve the issue? There are other customers who are also seeing the same error with 2017.2, so it would be great if we can identify the root cause of the problem and also a solution to this issue. Your help would be greatly appreciated and as this could help others with the same problem.

Thanks in advance and have a nice day.

Kind Regards,

Anatoli

Kind Regards,
Anatoli Curran,
Xilinx Technical Support
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Visitor robbietoo
Visitor

Jump to solution

I'm having this problem too. I found that I couldn't start directly through Vivado.exe.

You can refer to how default shortcuts Target and Start in as below, not directly to start Vivado.exe.

Target : C:\Xilinx\Vivado\2017.2\bin\unwrapped\win64.o\vvgl.exe C:\Xilinx\Vivado\2017.2\bin\vivado.bat

Start in: %APPDATA%\Xilinx\Vivado

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

I faced the same problem while installing other latest software too, where i could find updating windows helped me resolve this problem.

Jump to solution

If you want to find the exact update file, try installing photoshop 17 version. It shows similar error code and update required for rectifying error in their forum.

0 Kudos