Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

there is no valid xilinx installation that this update can be applied to

Jump to solution

i already have vivado 2015.1 version. i wanted to upgrade it to 2019.3. So instead of using web installer(due to poor internet connection), i downloaded the  2019.3 update version. But when i click "xsetup" in 2019.3 folder, i get there is no valid xilinx installation ........... please help me.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Teacher
Teacher

Hi @ashuthosh 

You must install Vivado 2019.1 before upgrading to Vivado 2019.1.x .

These files request installed Vivado 2019.1.

Best regards,

View solution in original post

8 Replies
Highlighted
Teacher
Teacher

Hi @ashuthosh 

You must install Vivado 2019.1 before upgrading to Vivado 2019.1.x .

These files request installed Vivado 2019.1.

Best regards,

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi @ashuthosh ,

There is no vivado 2019.3, the latest version is 2019.1.3. For update 1/2/3, these updates are for new devices. For your request, you should download below:

Capture.PNG

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
Highlighted

Dear

I have some problem for windows. I downloaded this adress:

Vivado HLx 2019.1 Update 1 (TAR/GZIP - 9.29 GB)

MD5 SUM Value : b943c251f10c0f3fa82838cd27092a38

Please help me.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi @Atanozkan,

What you have downloaded is an Update release. It requires the original 2019.1 tool to be installed in your machine for the installation to work. Can you try downloading and installing the 2019.1 General release and then trying to update using 2019.1 Update 1 ?

Thanks,

Aravind. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted

I'm having this same issue. After installed Vivado 2019.1, I got the same error when trying to install the update 1.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hello pedro.oliveira@pitec.co ,

Is this on a L:inux or Windows OS?

There are two below locations that are checked out to determine if a valid Vivado installation is available for e.g. 2020.1 update.

1 - Install registry entry.

On Window operating Systems, the update install looks in the system registry for a key named : HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Xilinx_Vitis Unified Software Platform_2020.1#0

Note: If multiple Vivado 2020.1 have occurred on the machine, the "#0" at the end of the key will correspond to the number of the install minus one (#0, #1, 2 ,#3, etc...).

You can navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Xilinx_Vitis Unified Software Platform_2020.1#0 and see what you have in your case.

The update will only be available if these 3 keys match:

DisplayVersion – 2020.1

BuildVersion – 2020.1_xxxx_xxxx

RefKey – Scout_Edition

The XInstallPath will show the directory where the software was installed. E.g.: C:\Xilinx\Vivado_2020_1\.xinstall\Vitis_2020.1

E.g.: (the below example screenshot was taken for 2020.1)

image.png

And

2 -  <install>\.xinstall\Vivado_2020.1\data\instRecord.dat

In order for the Install to be determined to be valid, the Update installer also looks for the presence of this C:\Xilinx\.xinstall\Vivado_2020.1\data\instRecord.dat file.  

image.png

Do you have this instRecord.dat file in place?

The <install>\.xinstall\Vivado_2019.1 directory will be pointed to from the installedSW.xml file on Linux or from the value of the XInstallPath string in the Windows registry key (as already shown above).

Can you please check on the above and let me know what you have in your case?

Kind Regards,
Anatoli Curran,
Xilinx Technical Support
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
Highlighted

Hi @anatoli, thanks for you attention.

I got this case when trying to install Vivado 2019.1.1 in CentOS 8.2 OS. Apparently, the update didn't found these keys in this version I was using. As I was bringing up a new server, I decided to change CentOS to 7.5 which has the Vivado 2019.1 supported, then the update 2019.1.1 was successfuly installed.
Can you pass us the equivalent HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Xilinx_Vitis path for Linux ? Maybe it can help other people who is facing this issue.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hello pedro.oliveira@pitec.co ,

Thanks for letting me know. And I'm glad to hear you've managed to overcome this issue.

As the installation is on a Linux OS,  the update install looks for the following file:

~/.Xilinx/registry/installedSW.xml

Users would need to check if ~/.Xilinx/registry/installedSW.xml exists in their case or not? The reason for this is because the ‘<install>\.xinstall\Vivado_2019.1’ directory will be pointed to from this installedSW.xml file on Linux. If this is missing/moved to another location, that would then be the reason why the update couldn't find the main 2019.1 installation.

Hope this helps.

Kind Regards,
Anatoli Curran,
Xilinx Technical Support
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.