cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Eric20
Visitor
Visitor

Hello everyone I have a question, I need to install vitis to program a microblaze but I already have the vivado design suite 2019.2 installed with the card license, how can I do it? thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
miker
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

@Eric20 

In Vivado 2019.2, you will need Vitis 2019.2 to develop embedded software on MicroBlaze.  Not ideal, but I would recommend uninstalling your current Vivado 2019.2 and installing Vitis 2019.2 which will include Vivado.  Otherwise, you will have 2 installations of Vivado.

Please Reply, Kudos, and Accept as Solution.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
miker
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

@Eric20 

In Vivado 2019.2, you will need Vitis 2019.2 to develop embedded software on MicroBlaze.  Not ideal, but I would recommend uninstalling your current Vivado 2019.2 and installing Vitis 2019.2 which will include Vivado.  Otherwise, you will have 2 installations of Vivado.

View solution in original post

Eric20
Visitor
Visitor

Thanks for your answer, but the concern is because in the program that I have installed we have placed the license that comes on the plate that we are going to use, so if I uninstall it and reinstall the vivado I do not know if this license is activated again any ideas ?.
thank you very much

0 Kudos
miker
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

@Eric20 

You can use the Vivado License Manager to view what licenses you currently have and where the license file is located.  You would just want to make sure you copied the license(s) that enable your tool(s)/board(s) so you can always put them back.

forums_vlm_license_location.png

If you have the extra disk space, just install Vitis in addition to your Vivado installation... that way you don't have to deal with licensing.

anatoli

Hello @Eric20 ,

Is there any further assistance required in relation to this matter? If so, please let us know and we will be glad to help you further then.

However if your issue is resolved now, please mark a response that helped you with your issue, as 'Accepted Solution' (more info on this can be found here: https://forums.xilinx.com/t5/help/faqpage/faq-category-id/solutions#solutions), so that the topic can be completed then.

We appreciate your help.

Kind Regards,
Anatoli Curran,
Xilinx Technical Support
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.

If starting with Versal, take a look at our Versal Design Process Hub and our
Versal Blogs

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------