cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

why I cant instell VIVADO ?

first of all I want to say that vivado just suckes in so many ways . first I downloaded vivado 2018.3 that worked for cople of monthes . suddenly it stopped working so I download the instelation again and now I even cant instell vivado at all . why is it so hard to build normal complier for xlinix products ? does xlinix enjoy losing costumrs for the INTEL ALTERA copration ?

pic of the download vivado that I downloaded : 

vivado download.png

and this the pic after the extraction of the winrar file of vivado  :

vivado download 2.png 

after I press the xsetup nothing happnes , and the installion does not start , what I am doing wrong ? 

0 Kudos
12 Replies
Highlighted

Re: why I cant instell VIVADO ?

They may not mind loosing users that can't even write well and don't state the exact problem they have... good luck with Quartus, if you think it's going to be much different :D 

0 Kudos
Highlighted

yes it is diffrent becouse I worked with altera and thier compiler is much better and simpler 

0 Kudos
Highlighted

gdoo lcku

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Teacher
Teacher

I work with a few companies compilers, and IMHO, they all suck,

its just the one your used to ,you know the work arounds / their methods.

Regarding your orriginal questoin aboou instalation and stops working,

Based on fact many thouands of installs are running world wide, this is unusual.

Is this on windows or Linux, which version of the OS ?

( BTW: as you see, I have terrible  typing, but mine is down to stupidity and dsylexia , and no spelling checker on some machines I use ) 

Back in the old days, there used to be a "fight" between the LMtools used by Xilinx, Mentor, Cadence and altera that cause d me no end of headachs , having to run mutliple tools. But top be honest I have not seen that for a good decade now, 

The other thing that used to cause problmes, was the path string in windows. 250 character limit, and the 32 bit file structure, but since we have all been 64 bits this is a thing of the past.

Im going to take the easy step, and suggest that you install onto a clean machine, 

I know thats no answer, but it does sound like its your machine / setup thats the problem.

Let us knwo how you get on,

<== If this was helpful, please feel free to give Kudos, and close if it answers your question ==>
Highlighted

first of all thank for your serios answer . second I had vivad 2018.3 . it worked fine till yesterday then I got this problem : 

Error when launching D:\vivado_2018.3\Vivado\2018.3\bin\vivado.bat' :Launcher time out . 

So I read that I need to uninstall vivado and then install  it again . I tryed download 2019.2 ,2019.1,2018.3 and when I press the install icon nothing happnes . I use windows 10 . what to do ? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted

That happens sometimes. Usually because you have a background task slowing down your machine.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

insted of being smartass give a sulution for my problem, and ye I worked on altera for almost 2 years and had pronlem with it 

0 Kudos
Teacher
Teacher

When you say nothing happens, are you using the web installer on the xilinx download site ?

In theory ,you dont need to un install Xilinx to re install it,
but bit Im concerned with is your comment if I understand it about the old installed version just stopping , aparantly for no apparant reason.

My gut feeling is , till youget to route of that, which is nothing to do with downloading, then your not goign to ge tot far.

Can you try rolling back you machine to the state is was a few days ago, it sounds like something that is causing your PC a problem was installed then to stop Xilinx working.

<== If this was helpful, please feel free to give Kudos, and close if it answers your question ==>
Highlighted

well I tried your soltion but it does not work, the question is why I cant install new versiom of vivado? 

here is the pic of vivado that I downloaded 

vivado download.png

and here is the pic after the extraction :

vivado download 2.png

after I press xsetup nothing happnes ... what to do ? 

vivado download.png
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Teacher
Teacher

A couple of things, it does say dont use this versin unless you need these certain devices, 

You should be using 

Picture1.png

but having said al lthat,

The precious install you say worked till it suddenly stoped, 

Xilxin does not randomly update its tools on your machine, so the root cause is your machine, 

I'd not think any number of re install attempts would do anythign till you have fixed you machine.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hello @tomerpolsky123 ,

You are trying to install an update 1 of 2019.2, which can only be applied on top of 2019.2.

Since you don't currently have 2019.2 installed, 2019.2.1 (i.e. Update 1) can't be applied, hence you are seeing this behaviour.

My suggestion is, please obtain the unified webinstaller 2019.2 and execute it. Here is the link to it:

https://www.xilinx.com/member/forms/download/xef.html?filename=Xilinx_Vivado_Vitis_Update_2019.2.1_1205_0436.tar.gz

Once done, enter your User ID and Password and then select an edition of Vivado you are planning to install. Then see if the download and installation process begins for you and if you can then successfully install 2019.2 or not?

Hope this helps.

Kind Regards,
Anatoli Curran,
Xilinx Technical Support
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
Highlighted

Hello @tomerpolsky123 ,

Were you able to manage to get 2019.2 installed at the end? If not and if you need any further assistance on this matter, please let us know.

However, if your question is answered and/or your issue is solved, please mark a response as Accepted Solution (more info on this can be found here: https://forums.xilinx.com/t5/help/faqpage/faq-category-id/solutions#solutions). This way, the topic can be completed then.  We appreciate your help.

Kind Regards,
Anatoli Curran,
Xilinx Technical Support
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
0 Kudos