UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor emcalnan
Visitor

'xczu9eg' no longer supported in Vivado 2018.3

I have been happily building for the "xczu9eg-ffvb1156-2-i" for well over a year.  With the update to Vivado 2018.3 the message shown below is emitted.  I can still build with 2017.1 (which I still have installed) and was able to build back in mid-December with 2018.2 (which I am about to reinstall).

Can anyone tell me what it takes to get 2018.3 working with this device? 

I am also using the "xczu7ev" on the same project and I can build with 2018.3.

Naturally I followed the advice in the message below and had a look at the license manager but was confused by the need for a license specific to this device AND specific to the use of 2018.3.  Until this gets worked out I will regress to 2018.2.

"[Common 17-345] A valid license was not found for feature 'Synthesis' and/or device 'xczu9eg'. Please run the Vivado License Manager for assistance in determining which features and devices are licensed for your system.

Resolution: Check the status of your licenses in the Vivado License Manager. For debug help search Xilinx Support for "Licensing FAQ". If you are using a license server, verify that the license server is up and running a version of the xilinx daemon that is compatible with the version of Xilinx software that you are using. Please note that Vivado 2017.3 and later requires upgrading your license server tools to the Flex 11.14.1 tools. Please confirm with your license admin that the correct version of the license server tools are installed."

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Voyager
Voyager

Re: 'xczu9eg' no longer supported in Vivado 2018.3

Is your device an ES? You might have a special license for it, in which case it will have a Version Limit. It may be something like 2018.06. Since Vivado 2018.3 was released after June, 2018, that version of Vivado won't be able to use your license for that part.

2019-01-31_21-22-28.jpg

-Joe G.

0 Kudos
Visitor emcalnan
Visitor

Nope.  This is 2019 and this is now  a production part. 

I can build with 2018.2 and I can't build with 2018.3 using the same floating license.

0 Kudos
Voyager
Voyager

So... you've been "happily building for [production parts] for well over a year". I don't know where to go from there, then.

I must object to your general proposition, though:

2019-02-01_13-24-30.jpg

-Joe G.

0 Kudos

Hello @emcalnan,

"[Common 17-345] A valid license was not found for feature 'Synthesis' and/or device 'xczu9eg'

The above error is an indication that Vivado was trying to find a valid license that contains a 'Synthesis' licensing feature in it or, if not found, it then searches for a device locked license, that would contain a device locked licensing feature such as 'xczu9eg'. 

Since you are seeing this error, this is an indication that Vivado couldn't find a valid license to be able to Synthesise your design.

Do you have a Vivado license with the minimum version limit of 2018.12 (December 2018), as this is the time when Vivado 2018.3 came out, so you'd need a valid license that has version limit of 2018.12 or higher in order for this license to work with 2018.3 version of Vivado.

Can you confirm on this please? Thanks

Kind Regards,
Anatoli Curran,
Xilinx Technical Support
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Visitor emcalnan
Visitor

Thanks for the responses folks.

I bypassed this issue by switching development to the XCZU7EV board and abandoning the boards with the XCZU9EG.  It's good to have options.

We'll see what happens with 2019.1...

0 Kudos