cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gianLuilui8
Observer
Observer

(xilinxd) Invalid license key (inconsistent authentication code)

Jump to solution

I recently had to switch over my existing license file to a new server. The old license had a different Host ID and IP address so I modified the file to reflect the changes but now I get the following messages in my log file:

14:01:14 (xilinxd)      ==>INCREMENT Synthesis xilinxd 2022.05 permanent 1 EAE7362EC919 \
        VENDOR_STRING=shae@swoopsrch.com,Vivado_System_Edition,software,permanent,_211836649_1777553666_210744416_721 \
        ISSUER="Xilinx Inc" START=27-May-2021 TS_OK
14:01:14 (xilinxd) Invalid license key (inconsistent authentication code)

Does this error message show up because I haven't rehosted the license to the new server? I saw this post from 2013 but does it still apply? If so, is the process the same? Any help would be much appreciated

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
watari
Professor
Professor

Hi @gianLuilui8 

I'd like to confirm what you do for it.

Is my understanding correct ?

- Modify host name in license file without doing rehost and/or regenarate license file.

- Restart license daemon and get the above error.

If my understanding is correct, unfortunately because license file is related with host id, you are facing this issue.

So, I strongly suggest you to do rehost and regenerate a license file with new server's host id.

# Note

You only change host name in the license file, if this license file require proper host name.

Best regards,

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
watari
Professor
Professor

Hi @gianLuilui8 

I'd like to confirm what you do for it.

Is my understanding correct ?

- Modify host name in license file without doing rehost and/or regenarate license file.

- Restart license daemon and get the above error.

If my understanding is correct, unfortunately because license file is related with host id, you are facing this issue.

So, I strongly suggest you to do rehost and regenerate a license file with new server's host id.

# Note

You only change host name in the license file, if this license file require proper host name.

Best regards,

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
gianLuilui8
Observer
Observer

Yes your understanding is correct.

I rehosted the license to the new server and the license worked as expected. Thanks for the help!

0 Kudos