cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

xlicsrvrmgr failed to return activation server license to xilinx

Jump to solution

Hi, I got the following error message when trying to return the license from a Win XP 32-bit PC using windows_flexlm_v11.11.0_201410 :

"

>   xlicsrvrmgr -returnTransaction " request=PC1return_req.xml " "response=PC1Return_resp.xml"

ERROR: unable to load the required curl library to establish network connection (librdi_curl.dll).

Exit(9).  

"

Note that I was able to  create, install and serve the activation license on this server before running into above problem.

( license file was obtain via email from xilinx )

So my questions are:

1. Anything ( software packages) might be missing on my server computer ?

2. Could, in theory,  someone else who has done the retunTransaction successfully run my command

"xlicsrvrmgr -returnTransaction " request=PC1return_req.xml " "response=PC1Return_resp.xml"  (w/ my PC1return_req.xml provided)  on his/her server

, and I  use the returned file on my server to finish this process ?

Thank you very much for any suggestions,

Ben

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Observer
Observer

Re: xlicsrvrmgr failed to return activation server license to xilinx

Jump to solution

Based on your version information you provided it appears you are using the utilties file downloaded from the License Management Tools section of the website and not using the Vivado License Manager.  

I also was using those files earlier and ran into the same problem.  As the error indicates, it is having difficulty finding the librdi_curl.dll file.  This is usually installed on your machine as part of a normal Vivado installation.  

To fix the error, I searched for librdi_curl.dll on my machine and found there was a version in my

C:\Users\[USERNAME]\AppData\Local\Temp\xinstall\lib\win64.o directory.  I copied it into the same folder that contained the xlicsrvrmgr.exe file and reran the same command line as I was before (which matches your format).  The error went away and the license was successfully returned to my user account.  I am using a 64-bit Windows 7 machine, so you may have different pathing to your librdi_curl.dll file on your Win XP 32-bit machine.  

If you don't happen to have the librdi_curl.dll file on your machine anywhere, I have attached my 32-bit version to this post.  Again, it is from my Windows 7 machine, but you may be able to give it a try.  Otherwise, you can install the Vivado tools and it will be placed on your computer as part of that installation.

Scott

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Observer
Observer

Jump to solution

Based on your version information you provided it appears you are using the utilties file downloaded from the License Management Tools section of the website and not using the Vivado License Manager.  

I also was using those files earlier and ran into the same problem.  As the error indicates, it is having difficulty finding the librdi_curl.dll file.  This is usually installed on your machine as part of a normal Vivado installation.  

To fix the error, I searched for librdi_curl.dll on my machine and found there was a version in my

C:\Users\[USERNAME]\AppData\Local\Temp\xinstall\lib\win64.o directory.  I copied it into the same folder that contained the xlicsrvrmgr.exe file and reran the same command line as I was before (which matches your format).  The error went away and the license was successfully returned to my user account.  I am using a 64-bit Windows 7 machine, so you may have different pathing to your librdi_curl.dll file on your Win XP 32-bit machine.  

If you don't happen to have the librdi_curl.dll file on your machine anywhere, I have attached my 32-bit version to this post.  Again, it is from my Windows 7 machine, but you may be able to give it a try.  Otherwise, you can install the Vivado tools and it will be placed on your computer as part of that installation.

Scott

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Jump to solution

Scott, thank you so much !

1. I tried the dll you posted on my XP server and it generated a memory access error. Could be due to compatibility issue with XP.

2. I copied the dll from a Vivado installation on a Win 7 64-bit machine to xlicsrvrmgr working dir on the same machine and ran the returnTransaction command from there.  I then copied the returned xml from Xilinx to my original XP server,  and was able to finish the operation of returning the activation license. 

Great help and thanks again.

Ben  

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Observer
Observer

Jump to solution
Excellent! I'm glad you were able to solve it,
0 Kudos