UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Visitor davidg1992
Visitor

xuninstall.exe doesn't work

Jump to solution

I am trying to uninstall Vivado 2016.4 on my windows 10 computer. When I run the dedicated uninstaller, I get the Vivado splash screen, and then nothing. I saw that I was not the only person with this problem, but the only solution that I found was to manually delete the xilinx folder, reinstall, and then uninstall. Is this the only solution?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: xuninstall.exe doesn't work

Jump to solution

Hi @davidg1992,

Correct, if the xuninstall.exe and uninstall a program from the control panel does not complete, the only work around is to manually remove the directories including the AppData directory.

Thank you,
Devin

2 Replies
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jump to solution

Hi @davidg1992,

Correct, if the xuninstall.exe and uninstall a program from the control panel does not complete, the only work around is to manually remove the directories including the AppData directory.

Thank you,
Devin

Jump to solution

Hello @davidg1992,

Is there any further assistance required in relation to this matter? If so, please let us know and we will be glad to help you further then.

If not, and if @devinl answered your query, please mark Devin's response as 'Accepted Solution' (more info on this can be found here: https://forums.xilinx.com/t5/help/faqpage/faq-category-id/solutions#solutions), so that the topic can be completed then? We appreciate your help.

Kind Regards,
Anatoli Curran,
Xilinx Technical Support
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos