UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Explorer
Explorer

Edge AI demos on ZedBoard

Dear Forum,

I have Edge AI demo's running on the U96, ZCU102 and ZedBoard dev-kits. For the two Xilinx kits I can use the X11 protocol to use the screen on my laptop as the display output of the target Xilinx system.

However, for the ZedBoard I am having to use a small application on my Win10 laptop called eth_show.exe, and this means that I have to carry both a Linux and Windows laptop. Whilst I can SSH into the ZedBoard, and can setup export DISPLAY to local host etc..., there is no resultant output on my Linux host machine, yet the ZedBoard automatically pushes video data to the eth_show application on the win10 laptop without any setup at all.

Any thoughts as to how I can get the ZedBoard to push video data over to my Linux laptop via X11? FYI, when I log in to the ZedBoard with ssh -X root@xxxxx it logs in ok, but reports failed Xauth....

Regards,

DJE666

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: Edge AI demos on ZedBoard

HI @dje666 ,

If X11 forwarding works fine on Win10 but fails on Linux I would suggest you to check if there is any usage problem with your Linux machine. 

I am using Ubuntu 18.04.02LTS to visit a ZCU102 DPU TRD design and X11 forward works fine for me.

Using command:

ssh username@board_ip -X

I can connect to board and get display like below:

Capture1.PNG

Best Regards,
Jason
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if the information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos