UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor sota315
Visitor

Failed to install DNNDK on ZCU104

Jump to solution

Dear all,

I'm trying to build my custom FPGA design including DPU for ZCU104 board.
Now I'm running install.sh in DNNDK package on ZCU104, but the installation is failed.

Does anyone have the same problem or any suggestions to investigate the cause of this problem?

The error log;
-------------------------------------------------------
root@aifpga-test0:~/ZCU104# ./install.sh
Begin to install Xilinx DNNDK ...
Install DPU Driver ...
[ 711.341218] dpu: Unknown symbol kmem_cache_alloc_trace (err -2)
[ 711.347224] dpu: Unknown symbol _mcount (err -2)
[ 711.377930] dpu: Unknown symbol kmem_cache_alloc_trace (err -2)
[ 711.383933] dpu: Unknown symbol _mcount (err -2)
modprobe: can't load module dpu (extra/dpu.ko): unknown symbol in module, or unknown parameter
Installation failed!
root@aifpga-test0:~/ZCU104#

My development procedure;
1. Design my hardware circuit on vivado
2. Make HDF file also on vivado
3. Build a custom petalinux image for ZCU104 with imported HDF on host PC
4. Boot-up the custom petalinux from flashed SD card image on ZCU104 board
5. Install DNNDK in the custom petalinux    <- I'm here and hit this installation problem

My development environment;
- Board : ZCU104
- Vivado version : 2019.1
- Petalinux version : 2019.1
- DNNDK version : xilinx_dnndk_v3.1_190809
- DPU arch : B1152 x1

Because I have less knowledge for building custom FPGAs, I don't have an exact idea which part of my development was wrong...
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you very much for your support.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: Failed to install DNNDK on ZCU104

Jump to solution

Hi @sota315 ,

Have you tried to configure the PetaLinux project accroding to https://github.com/Xilinx/Edge-AI-Platform-Tutorials/tree/master/docs/DPU-Integration?

There are some rootfs configuration inside to enable the libs/tools required by DNNDK. The doc is for 2018.2/2018.3. So make sure you use files get from DPU TRD 2019.1 instead.

And if you install the dnndk custom package successfully accoding to that flow you even not need to run this install command.

Best Regards,
Jason
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if the information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

16 Replies
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

Hi @sota315 ,

Have you tried to configure the PetaLinux project accroding to https://github.com/Xilinx/Edge-AI-Platform-Tutorials/tree/master/docs/DPU-Integration?

There are some rootfs configuration inside to enable the libs/tools required by DNNDK. The doc is for 2018.2/2018.3. So make sure you use files get from DPU TRD 2019.1 instead.

And if you install the dnndk custom package successfully accoding to that flow you even not need to run this install command.

Best Regards,
Jason
Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if the information provided is helpful.

View solution in original post

Visitor sota315
Visitor

Jump to solution
Dear Jason

Thank you for the quick reply and helpful advice.

I've tried my development according to DNNDK user guide (UG1327) and Petalinux reference guide (UG1144), not according to the tutorial that you mentioned.
I will check the link and try to rebuild my custom petalinux.

I'll let you know how it goes later.

Thanks,
0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

Hi @sota315 ,

Sure, thanks for your feedback.

Please feel free to post your progress here.

Best Regards,
Jason

0 Kudos
Visitor sota315
Visitor

Jump to solution

Hello Jason,

This is my progress report.

I'm rebuilding my custom petalinux according to the instructions of "DPU Integration Tutorial", then an error is happened in Step 7: Build the kernel and root file system.

The Error log;
Error:
Problem: conflicting requests
- nothing provides libopencv_core.so.3.3()(64bit) needed by dnndk-1.0-r0.plnx_zynqmp

*snip*

Summary: 1 task failed:
/home/fe01/xilinx/aifpga-test1/project-spec/meta-plnx-generated/recipes-core/images/petalinux-user-image.bb:do_rootfs
Summary: There was 1 WARNING message shown.
Summary: There were 2 ERROR messages shown, returning a non-zero exit code.
ERROR: Failed to build project

I think this message says that there's no OpenCV 3.3 library in my petalinux project, and looks similiar to other discussions like;

https://forums.xilinx.com/t5/Embedded-Linux/DPU-Tutorial-2019-1/td-p/1000280  or
https://forums.xilinx.com/t5/Machine-Learning/DPU-TRD-v2-0-Integration-using-2019-tools-ZCU102/td-p/1002677

So I will try to figure out the error by reference to those links.
If you have any suggestions or comments, please let me know in advance.

Thanks,

0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

Hi @sota315 ,

Thanks for your update.

I doubt that if you are using the DNNDK package files released at https://github.com/Xilinx/Edge-AI-Platform-Tutorials/tree/master/docs/DPU-Integration/reference-files/files/recipes-apps/dnndk

They are for 2018.2 or maybe .3 so that an eariler version of OpenCV is needed. For 2019.1 as I mentioned before I would suggest you to replace with files from DPU TRD 2019.1:  https://www.xilinx.com/member/forms/download/design-license-xef.html?filename=zcu102-dpu-trd-2019-1-190809.zip Then there should be not dependent confliction problem here.

Not only the DNNDK packages but also the other manually added files. You can find all these files from PetaLinux BSP inside.

And also please check if you use the DPU IP inside to build the IPI project. 

Please let me know if after doing that the issue still can't be resolved.

Best Regards,
Jason

0 Kudos
Visitor sota315
Visitor

Jump to solution

Hi Jason,

Thank you for your advice.
And let me confirm one thing about dpu-trd.

Your suspcion is correct, I've been using recipe files in "DPU Integration Tutorial" github.
I checked the zcu102-dpu-trd-2019-1 downloaded from xilinx HP, and found those recipe files will be generated during the petalinux-build procedure.

So my uderstanding is I need to build a dummy petalinux project separatally from my original project and copy the recipies from dummy to mine, but is it correct?
Anyway soon I'll try to create a new petalinux project as % petalinux-create -t project -s xilinx-dpu-trd-zcu102-v2019.1.bsp.

Thanks,

0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

Hi @sota315 ,

Yes. You need to create project using TRD BSP. And after creating project from that BSP, you could find all the files needed in this PetaLinux project.

Please let me know if you have any concern on that.

Best Regards,
Jason

0 Kudos
Visitor sota315
Visitor

Jump to solution

Hi Jason,

I've re-tried my petalinux-build, and the build step was completed.
But system.bit file was not generated in images/linux directory as the result, so I couldn't execute the next step as petalinux-package.
Do you have any ideas what I should do to investigate the problem?

Thanks,

0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

Good to know that. The bit should be generated by Vivado IPI design.

Just copy it into the folder should be fine. And if the images/Linux folder doesn't have bit file inside most of the time that means you are using a HDF file without bit file inside.

Best Regards,
Jason

0 Kudos
Visitor sota315
Visitor

Jump to solution
Additional information;
It looks that the other necessary files (zynqmp_fsbl.elf, u-boot.elf, pmufw.elf) for petalinux-package were generated, only system.bit file was not.

Thanks,
0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

OK. So you can try my suggestion before. And I would suggest you to double check the pl.dts if your PL IP nodes are generated as expected(In case you are using a wrong HDF).

Best Regards,
Jason

0 Kudos
Visitor sota315
Visitor

Jump to solution

Hi Jason,

Finally my petalinux succeeded to boot.
And it looks the DPU core is recognized correctly as below.
Thank you so much for your support!

root@aifpga-test1:~# dexplorer -w
[DPU IP Spec]
IP Timestamp : 2019-11-14 10:30:00
DPU Core Count : 1

[DPU Core Configuration List]
DPU Core : #0
DPU Enabled : Yes
DPU Arch : B1152
DPU Target Version : v1.4.0
DPU Freqency : 200 MHz
Ram Usage : Low
DepthwiseConv : Enabled
DepthwiseConv+Relu6 : Enabled
Conv+Leakyrelu : Enabled
Conv+Relu6 : Enabled
Channel Augmentation : Enabled
Average Pool : Enabled

Then maybe my final question here.
When I executed the resnet50 sample app on ZCU104 board, another error happens.

The error log;
root@aifpga-test1:/media/card/resnet50# ./resnet50.elf
./resnet50.elf: error while loading shared libraries: libopencv_core.so.3.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Is that just because of the sample app was build for Ultra96?
Or did I make some mistakes when I created sysroot or application project with xsdk?

Thanks,

0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

Hi @sota315 ,

Seems strange here. As I know libopencv_core.so.3.1 is built for a eariler version of PetaLinux/DNNDK. For 2019.1 it should be 3.4.3 or 3.4.

If you are using 2019.1 to create your platform I would suggest you to refer to https://github.com/Xilinx/Edge-AI-Platform-Tutorials/tree/master/docs/DPU-Integration to build your application on host machine and check if the issue still occurs.

And here is the associated search result under my project:

opencv.PNG

Best Regards,
Jason

0 Kudos
Visitor sota315
Visitor

Jump to solution

Hi Jason,

Yes, I am using petalinux2019.1.
I checked libopencv_core.so availabily in my custom petalinux project on the host PC, and it seems 3.1 and 3.4/3.4.3 is mixing as below.

fe01@fe01-HP-EliteDesk-800-G4-DM-35W:~/xilinx/aifpga-test1$ $PETALINUX
bash: /opt/pkg/petalinux/2019.1: Is a directory
fe01@fe01-HP-EliteDesk-800-G4-DM-35W:~/xilinx/aifpga-test1$ find -name libopencv_core.so.3*
./build/tmp/sysroots-components/aarch64/opencv/usr/lib/libopencv_core.so.3.4
./build/tmp/sysroots-components/aarch64/opencv/usr/lib/libopencv_core.so.3.4.3
./images/linux/sdk/sysroots/aarch64-xilinx-linux/usr/lib/.debug/libopencv_core.so.3.1.0
./images/linux/sdk/sysroots/aarch64-xilinx-linux/usr/lib/libopencv_core.so.3.1.0
./images/linux/sdk/sysroots/aarch64-xilinx-linux/usr/lib/libopencv_core.so.3.1

If you find something from this log, please let me know.
On the other hand, I'll try clean build of my project again.

Thanks,

0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

Hi @sota315 ,

I just stop the research after I got the informaton I want.

Here are the full search result:

wuxian@wuxian-Ubuntu1804:~/wu_project/petalinux2019.1/zcu102_dpu_test$ find -name libopencv_core.so.3.*
./build/tmp/sysroots-components/aarch64/opencv/usr/lib/libopencv_core.so.3.4.3
./build/tmp/sysroots-components/aarch64/opencv/usr/lib/libopencv_core.so.3.4
./sdk/sysroots/aarch64-xilinx-linux/usr/lib/libopencv_core.so.3.4.3
./sdk/sysroots/aarch64-xilinx-linux/usr/lib/.debug/libopencv_core.so.3.4.3
./sdk/sysroots/aarch64-xilinx-linux/usr/lib/libopencv_core.so.3.4

You can see that the sdk/sysroots/... directory mine are 3.4 version this should be the petalinux sdk build result, should be copied from the PetaLinux project.

So what I can think about is there is problem when you build the SDK following the DPU Intergration guide.

I would suggest you to do that again and check the result.

And I do think that it is quite an interesting problem. If possible I would suggest you to start a new post and we can discuss the new questions there so that others can find the problem and debug flow easier.

Best Regards,
Jason

0 Kudos
Visitor sota315
Visitor

Jump to solution

Hi Jason,

OK I agree with your suggestion.

Soon I'll post this opencv version problem as a new discussion.

Thank you again!

Best regards,

0 Kudos