UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Observer adu0956
Observer

ML suite newbie question

Jump to solution

Hello,

I am trying to get ML suite running. Following are the steps I followed  Trying to make it work on my linux System:

a)Git clonned ML suite repository to my local machine ,

b)installed  Anaconda and went through set up , it did get   completed with no erros. using this link :  https://github.com/Xilinx/ml-suite/blob/master/docs/tutorials/anaconda.md

c)installed  lfs using https://github.com/git-lfs/git-lfs/wiki/Installation went through successfully

d)tried to pull the ml models using lfs in the ml suit directory, it failed. Would this affect       further follow up with the tutorials??

Do I need Amazon AWS EC2 F1 ML suite instance to run all the tutorials ?? Can I run it on normal Linux machine or an just Amazon Amazon AWS EC2 F1 instance? Currently I am confused between Amazon AWS EC2 F1 instance and Amazon F1 instance ML suite .

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: ML suite newbie question

Jump to solution
We are running into some model delivery issues right now. I will directly send you the models via email. Thanks, Kamran
/k
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution
We are running into some model delivery issues right now. I will directly send you the models via email. Thanks, Kamran
/k
0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

Hey,

To run inference on an FPGA you need to have a system with an FPGA card plugged in. Amazon AWS EC2 F1 is a cloud system that can provide this setup to you. Nimbix is the other. You can also buy FPGA cards from Xilinx to test these features out.

The compiler and quantizer can be evaluated on any linux system, because its just python byte code.

Thats actually not a bad idea, because it can help you determine if your model is ready to be ran on the FPGA.

0 Kudos
Observer adu0956
Observer

Jump to solution

Hello,

I was able to run the inference on the AWS. The problem was the GitHub lfs system which Xilinx has provided has been broken. Thus I requested for the tar files for the models and I was able to run the inference.

Regards

0 Kudos
Participant mkaiser
Participant

Jump to solution
Hi,

Same issues with the model download here. Can you send me the models per mail, too?

Regards,
Martin
0 Kudos