UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor nuri
Visitor

ZCU 104 Video Analysis Sample Freezing

I've set up host (ubuntu 16.04) and target tools (dnndk v2.08) for my ZCU 104 board. Resnet50, inception and face detection examples work like a charm. Video analysis example runs OK with sample video but starts to freeze after a while (about 30 seconds) with my own video file. Monitor is flickering as well. I changed the fps, bitrate, resolution and codec of my video to make it as similar as possible to sample video. Some fps improvement reveals but then it starts to freeze again and process is killed. I applied the patch provided in https://forums.xilinx.com/t5/Deephi-DNNDK/DNNDK-2-08-Beta-in-ZCU104-has-ERRORS/td-p/927686 but this do not change anything. 

Thnx

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Explorer
Explorer

Re: ZCU 104 Video Analysis Sample Freezing

@nuriI encountered a very similar problem on my ZCU102.  I cannot say with 100% certainty that it is the same problem.  What (if anything) is reported in the console messages?  Are you getting a DPU timeout message, perhaps similar to the message in this thread?

https://forums.xilinx.com/t5/Deephi-DNNDK/samples-of-adas-detection/td-p/921015

--Quenton

0 Kudos
Explorer
Explorer

@nuriThe most probable cause of the monitor flickering is that the DPU and display interfaces are both contending for PS DDR bandwidth.  Often the flickering issue can be cured by reducing the display resolution to some lower resolution sufficient to support display of the output video.

--Quenton

0 Kudos
Visitor nuri
Visitor

@qhall,decreasing screen resolution solves the flickering problem. But freezing problem still happens. Actually whole system is getting slow rather than executable. Even moving the mouse is impossible in that case. I do not know what exactly happens, evantually process is killed 

0 Kudos
Visitor nuri
Visitor

@qhall , something weird happened today. Face detection project started to freeze as video analysis did. I saw cpu usage is around %90 when i “top” the processes. I apply power issue patch at every reboot. It seems like my board has some subtle hardware bug. I am kinda disappointed. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Adventurer
Adventurer

@nuri Hi!

Could you share "power issue patch" details ?

Does it work without it ?

Also could you check core voltage values and temperature during test run ?

0 Kudos
Visitor nuri
Visitor

There might be a memory leak in video analysis source codes. Here is the memory usage. It eats the memory fastly.image 2.png

And DPU profilingimage.png

I compiled DPU and object detection example in https://github.com/Xilinx/Edge-AI-Platform-Tutorials/tree/master/docs/ML-SSD-PASCAL from scratch. It works perfect. No memory leak and dpu utilization interrupt