UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Contributor
Contributor

fail to install DNNDK on zcu102

Hi,

I am using DNNDK v3.1 and DPU TRD v3.0 (zcu102-dpu-trd-2019-1-190809.zip) . I built my linux image using petalinux and want to install DNNDK on the target side. However, when I run ./isntall.sh in ZCU102 folder on ZCU102, it gives me the error:

Begin to install Xilinx DNNDK ...
Install DPU Driver ...
modprobe: can't load module dpu (extra/dpu.ko): invalid module format
Installation failed!

Can I get some help?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Participant yashaswini.shankar
Participant

Re: fail to install DNNDK on zcu102

@baharlab Please check with your DPU architecture. If it varies just replace the respective dpu.ko file in ZCU102->pkgs->driver
Once u generate binaries you will be accompanied with rootfs.tar.gz file from where u can get lib->modlues->extra->dpu.ko file
Just Verify with architecture- dexplorer -v
Regards,
Yashaswini
0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

If you're going through the TRD flow and building the petalinux project, then the DNNDK libs and DPU driver are built and included in the root file system. You don't need to install anything on the target - it's all there already.

Terry

@terryo,There is no need to copy DNNDK to the target device? From UG1327, there is DNNDK copy flow.
0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

If you're  using the TRD, then nothing has to be manually copied - it's all added in during the Petalinux build.  If you're insalling one of the pre-built OS image files as discussed in UG1327, then yes, you need to copy over some files as noted in the UG. 

Terry

0 Kudos