UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Contributor
Contributor

AXI Interconnect WREADY is high before MIG WREADY

Jump to solution

Hello everyone,

I have a MIG IP Core (v1.8) and an AXI Interconnect with one Master Interface to the MIG and several Slave Interfaces to connect peripherals to it.

The AXI-Interconnect asserts WREADY before the connected MIG Core asserts WREADY.

Is that intended behaviour?

Cheers,

Steffen

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Re: AXI Interconnect WREADY is high before MIG WREADY

Jump to solution

Nevermind.

I regenerated the AXI Interconnect Core and found out that clock conversion was set to 1:2 what should be 1:1.

Still find it interesting that the READY signals are asserted with clock conversion included. Should that be the case?

Cheers,

Steffen

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

Hi Steffen,

It seems reasonable to me, particularly if you've enabled buffers or register slices inside the interconnect.

What's your concern about it? 

www.xilinx.com
0 Kudos
Contributor
Contributor

Jump to solution

Hmmm.... that's the thing.

I haven't enabled any buffers, FIFOs or register slices for the interconnect.

Coming from the AXI4 specifications it makes sense to keep WREADY high to enable the chance for a direct data transfer.

My problem at the moment:

When I issue a data transfer to the MIG via Interconnect first of all I transfer the burst information via AW-channel.

Then I assert the WVALID and look for the WREADY to become asserted so I can start transferring consecutive data-words.

WREADY is high until 3 clock cycles after I transfered the burst information via AW-channel (meaning I also transfer 3 data-words within that time).

WREADY then goes low for 3 clock cycles and comes back high again (which pauses the data transfer for 3 clock cycles, no problem).

In general this wouldn't be a problem but when I want to read the data that I just wrote to the MIG, I receive nothing but rubbish.

I wonder if it is intended behaviour for the AXI interconnect to receive AW/AR-channel information, forward them to the MIG and be ready on the W/R-channel only 3 clock cycles after issuing the burst information (since WREADY runs through one high-low-high-cycle)?

Cheers,

Steffen

0 Kudos
Contributor
Contributor

Jump to solution
Quick note: It would make sense to me, if I had FIFOs or register slices enabled, because then the Interconnect could buffer my datawords before sending them out to the MIG. Since I didn't include them in the interconnect (at least I told the Core Generator to do so) that behaviour kinda puzzles me.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Jump to solution

Nevermind.

I regenerated the AXI Interconnect Core and found out that clock conversion was set to 1:2 what should be 1:1.

Still find it interesting that the READY signals are asserted with clock conversion included. Should that be the case?

Cheers,

Steffen

0 Kudos