cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor
Visitor

DDR3 reading and writing from PL

I have a zynq xc7z020 board with a DDR3 connected to only PS side. My task is to write the one frame of image into DDR from the PL side and then read back the image frame pixel by pixel.

I know i cannt use MIG IP and I cannot find any IP that can write to DDR using address and data and then read back the data by giving address to DDR from PS side.

I know reading and writing can be done from memory locations in PS. But i want to do it from PL side.

Can someone point me on how to achieve this.?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Scholar
Scholar

Re: DDR3 reading and writing from PL

You need to create an IP with an AXI Master interface, which can then connect to the Zynq PS HP AXI Slave ports and access the PS RAM directly. Alternatively, you can create an IP with AXI Stream interfaces and plug that into an AXI DataMover block, which will then handle the AXI Master transfers for you.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

Re: DDR3 reading and writing from PL

For the first option creating a AXI Master should i go with HLS or verilog. And after connecting it to the PS HP AXI slave ports how do i access the PS RAM.? Do i have to write some code in PS to do that.?

In second option how can i read and write some specific address after creating a AXI stream interface.?

And can you point me to any tutorial or example that is using the above concept.?

0 Kudos