UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor billypowell
Visitor

DDR4 4 x 16Gb components data error above address 2048

Jump to solution

Hi,

I'm developing a custom board based on a Kintex Ultrascale xcku040 FPGA. I have implemented two independent DDR4 MIG controllers. Each controller is connected to four 1Gx16b Micron components MT40A1G16KNR-075 running at 1200MHz (2400 MT/s) to obtain a 64 bit-wide bus.

The self calibration of both the controllers always pass with a good margin and no warnings.

When I try to read or write to the DDR4, each operation that involves the first 2048 addresses (I mean  0 <= app_addr < 2048*8) works fine. When I try to write a bigger portion of the memory and read it back, most of the data read are corrupted.

Both controllers show the same behaviour.

I also tried to slow down the speed of the controller, but the result is the same.

What could be the problem?

Thank you in advance.

bp

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Visitor billypowell
Visitor

Re: DDR4 4 x 16Gb components data error above address 2048

Jump to solution

Hi,

I solved the problem by installing the last Vivado version (2019.2) and by recompiling the project.

Now it seems to work fine.

bp

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Visitor billypowell
Visitor

Re: DDR4 4 x 16Gb components data error above address 2048

Jump to solution

Hi,

I solved the problem by installing the last Vivado version (2019.2) and by recompiling the project.

Now it seems to work fine.

bp

View solution in original post

0 Kudos