Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

[DDR4] MIG PHY RIU_OR

Jump to solution

Hi,

I would like to know that how RIU_VALID signal of RIU_OR in MIG PHY is working to go "LOW" or "HIGH".

I read the HSSIO, SelecIO (UG571), and PG150 but, it just mentioned connections and configurations between BITSLICE_CONTROL and RIU_OR module.

RIU_OR is primitive. BUT, i think, RIU_OR signals are connected to some operation.

What signals make the RIU_VALID signal in RIU_OR? and Why RIU_VALID signal is set to LOW?

Thank you a lot for you in advance.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Yes, you right.

Simulation file shows that the RIU_VALID not used is 11bits. Real operating shows that the RIU_VALID is 20bits.

i resolve the problem. modify the register sets as remove the WL_DLY_RNK makes the operating working well. Because WL_DLY_RNK conficts with RL_DLY_RNK and then, RL_DLY_RNK is waiting for the write to registers.

If someone meet this problem, i suggest that you set the registers to test conditions.

Thank you for your kind reply, kren!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Highlighted

I suggest you can run simualtion on DDR4 IP example design and learn the timing of RIU_OR.

-----------------------------------------------------Please don't forget to give kudos or accept as solution if information provided is helpful.---------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

I ran the simulation.

but, RIU_VALID in simulation stay on high-z. and Simulation source code in example design is behavial code that is differenct mig_ddr4_phy code to doing real board.

How can i change for moving riu2clb_valid signal?

capture.PNG

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Are you trying to learn RIU_OR behavior for modifing the MIG PHY?

-----------------------------------------------------Please don't forget to give kudos or accept as solution if information provided is helpful.---------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Yes. i want to learn to modify the MIG PHY.

I want to deal with the RIU. But, when i write the value to RIU in calibration stage, RL_DLY_RNK registers are not written exactly relative to RIU_VALID signal..

So, i find the documents connections from & to RIU_VALID signal. However, as i said before, RIU_OR include RIU_VALID signal module is just primitive so, i don't see inside the module.

Can i deal with or change the signal of RIU_VALID?

If i want to modify the signal value of RIU_VALID, the only method is physical hardware change? Can't change the value using verilog (in software)? (the reason why is that riu_or and bitslice_control is primitive..?)

ps) PHY simulation file is just xiphy_behave file... it's absoultely different from the real phy source code i think..

Thank you for your advice and kind reply, kren.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

I didn't find the 12-bit vector in my test project. Which port are you looking at? The "RIU_VALID" ouput of BITSLICE_CONTROL or "RIU_RD_VALID" output of RIU_OR?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Yes, you right.

Simulation file shows that the RIU_VALID not used is 11bits. Real operating shows that the RIU_VALID is 20bits.

i resolve the problem. modify the register sets as remove the WL_DLY_RNK makes the operating working well. Because WL_DLY_RNK conficts with RL_DLY_RNK and then, RL_DLY_RNK is waiting for the write to registers.

If someone meet this problem, i suggest that you set the registers to test conditions.

Thank you for your kind reply, kren!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos