UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Participant msk_fpga
Participant

[DDR4] MIG PHY RIU_OR

Jump to solution

Hi,

I would like to know that how RIU_VALID signal of RIU_OR in MIG PHY is working to go "LOW" or "HIGH".

I read the HSSIO, SelecIO (UG571), and PG150 but, it just mentioned connections and configurations between BITSLICE_CONTROL and RIU_OR module.

RIU_OR is primitive. BUT, i think, RIU_OR signals are connected to some operation.

What signals make the RIU_VALID signal in RIU_OR? and Why RIU_VALID signal is set to LOW?

Thank you a lot for you in advance.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Participant msk_fpga
Participant

回复: [DDR4] MIG PHY RIU_OR

Jump to solution

Yes, you right.

Simulation file shows that the RIU_VALID not used is 11bits. Real operating shows that the RIU_VALID is 20bits.

i resolve the problem. modify the register sets as remove the WL_DLY_RNK makes the operating working well. Because WL_DLY_RNK conficts with RL_DLY_RNK and then, RL_DLY_RNK is waiting for the write to registers.

If someone meet this problem, i suggest that you set the registers to test conditions.

Thank you for your kind reply, kren!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

I suggest you can run simualtion on DDR4 IP example design and learn the timing of RIU_OR.

0 Kudos
Participant msk_fpga
Participant

Jump to solution

I ran the simulation.

but, RIU_VALID in simulation stay on high-z. and Simulation source code in example design is behavial code that is differenct mig_ddr4_phy code to doing real board.

How can i change for moving riu2clb_valid signal?

capture.PNG

0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

Are you trying to learn RIU_OR behavior for modifing the MIG PHY?

0 Kudos
Participant msk_fpga
Participant

Jump to solution

Yes. i want to learn to modify the MIG PHY.

I want to deal with the RIU. But, when i write the value to RIU in calibration stage, RL_DLY_RNK registers are not written exactly relative to RIU_VALID signal..

So, i find the documents connections from & to RIU_VALID signal. However, as i said before, RIU_OR include RIU_VALID signal module is just primitive so, i don't see inside the module.

Can i deal with or change the signal of RIU_VALID?

If i want to modify the signal value of RIU_VALID, the only method is physical hardware change? Can't change the value using verilog (in software)? (the reason why is that riu_or and bitslice_control is primitive..?)

ps) PHY simulation file is just xiphy_behave file... it's absoultely different from the real phy source code i think..

Thank you for your advice and kind reply, kren.

0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

I didn't find the 12-bit vector in my test project. Which port are you looking at? The "RIU_VALID" ouput of BITSLICE_CONTROL or "RIU_RD_VALID" output of RIU_OR?

0 Kudos
Participant msk_fpga
Participant

Jump to solution

Yes, you right.

Simulation file shows that the RIU_VALID not used is 11bits. Real operating shows that the RIU_VALID is 20bits.

i resolve the problem. modify the register sets as remove the WL_DLY_RNK makes the operating working well. Because WL_DLY_RNK conficts with RL_DLY_RNK and then, RL_DLY_RNK is waiting for the write to registers.

If someone meet this problem, i suggest that you set the registers to test conditions.

Thank you for your kind reply, kren!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos