Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
akhtar2510
Contributor
Contributor

DDR4 clk to DQS Skew

Jump to solution

I want to simulation Kintex ultrascale  and DDR4 in Hyperlynx . After simulation , Read ,Write , Address and diffrencial pairs are OK, but i have problem in clk to DQS Skew.

I must be change track size of lane  or set delay in lane pins.

can i set delay for pins ?

how can i solve clk to DQS skew problem ?

please help me

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
deepalir
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi @akhtar2510 

The general guideline and requirement is CK/CK# must arrive after DQS/DQS# at each memory component to ensure calibration can align DQS/DQS# to the correct CK/CK# clock cycle. The Ultrascale device memory controller can internally delay the DQS line to account for negative skew. 

Please refer to UG583 -General Memory Routing Guidelines section, skew constraints range and trace lengths for more information. 

View solution in original post

4 Replies
deepalir
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi @akhtar2510 

The general guideline and requirement is CK/CK# must arrive after DQS/DQS# at each memory component to ensure calibration can align DQS/DQS# to the correct CK/CK# clock cycle. The Ultrascale device memory controller can internally delay the DQS line to account for negative skew. 

Please refer to UG583 -General Memory Routing Guidelines section, skew constraints range and trace lengths for more information. 

View solution in original post

watari
Teacher
Teacher

Hi @akhtar2510 

Did you consider the following typologies to resolve DQS skew issue ?

- Fly-by topology

- Clamshell topology

Best regards,

0 Kudos
kshimizu
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hello @akhtar2510 ,

Xilinx does not support any changes in the IP.  As @deepalir mentioned, memory controller adjust the delay based on the FPGA package delay and PCB skew.  Please check the PCB guideline and routing.

Best regards,

Kshimizu

Product Application Engineer Xilinx Technical Support

-------------------------------------------------------

Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.  Please Give Kudos.

-------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos
akhtar2510
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you

0 Kudos