cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Participant
Participant

DDR4 simulation issue with c0_ddr4_app_wdf_rdy = X

I just upgraded from Vivado 2016.2 to 2017.2 and upgraded all IPs to the latest versions including DDR4 (2.2 Rev 1).  Running my project in simulation everything starts out working as expected, but after running for a while the reads start to take longer than 50 clock cycles and c0_ddr4_app_wdf_rdy goes from 1 to X.  

I am running on windows 10 and Avnet Kintex-Ultrascale Development Board (xcku040-fbva676-1-c).

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Participant
Participant

I put in the wrong signal in my original post, it is c0_ddr4_app_rdy that changes to x after a number of operations.   It starts out as x, transitions to 0 until the calibration is complete and then goes to 1.  After a number of read operations it changes from 1 to x causing the project to hang.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

What is your simulator and what is the version of your simulator?

Have you tried example design?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Participant
Participant

I am running Vivado Simulator 2017.2.  It worked fine with the DD4 IP and Vivado simulator at 2016.2.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Does example design have the same issue?

Are there any ports left unconnected?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.
Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.

0 Kudos