Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sraza
Explorer
Explorer

Designing appropriate Memory controller for specific DDR3 SDRAM

Jump to solution

Hello all,

This thing is related to selecting an appropriate Memory Controller for specific DDR3 which is not listed in the .

As there are not all models availble for all DDR3 MIG design (for VIRTEX-6 atleast).

For example, I have micron technology DDR3 MT41J256M16xRE-15EITD and this is 4Gb memory and I am not sure which part should I select from the already availble parts. Please see the figure below

ds186 says following: in the DDR3 SDRAm deatures 

2 Gb density device support (additional densities supported in the MIG tool using the Create Custom Part feature)

where as my device is 4Gb and I need to have select the component option in the memory type.Then goto Custom Memory Part, but there I am cinfused about which Base Select Part should I select and on what criteria should it be done. I have attached the figure where Left side is the snap from the MT41J256M16RE-15EITD ddr3 while RIGHT side is the MIG creare-custom-part menu. and I cannot select my desired timings for my device...

Note :  I have MT41J512M4XX etc and am not sure which part should I select since there are two parts with 256M but have x8 and x4 widths, while the one with x16 width is only 128M.(please see the figure below) 

Please if this is enough information then do reply. Thanks in advance (i can give further info if required)

Also another question if possible please answer.

Also when we select the data width to be 8 or 16 etc. Does it mean that we do not concern now about the DQ bus width and the controller will take care of it internally.

CUSTOM MEMORY PART.JPG
MicromDDR3.JPG

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sraza
Explorer
Explorer

Thank you for your reply

And sorry for not updating the post.

I later saw on the data sheet that the parameters I did not find the lower limit in MIG as were defined in the datasheet, they were actually defined in the data sheet as min  value.

Hence it is now resolved. Thank you for the reply

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
robinliuy
Voyager
Voyager
are u are the data sheet is correct one?
0 Kudos
sraza
Explorer
Explorer

Thank you for your reply

And sorry for not updating the post.

I later saw on the data sheet that the parameters I did not find the lower limit in MIG as were defined in the datasheet, they were actually defined in the data sheet as min  value.

Hence it is now resolved. Thank you for the reply

View solution in original post

0 Kudos