Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
harmanblazex
Visitor
Visitor

Device Support in MIG

Jump to solution

I am using the 7 Series MIG (Memory Interface Generator) to interface a DDR3 SODIMM. I wanted to know whether I can use a Device other than Micron (a compatible device) in my design . For eg : Could I use a Swissbit SODIMM. The device is both pin compatible and timing compatible.

Thank You in Advance.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
vsrunga
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi,

You can use any DDR3 memory that is Jedec compatible

If you do not find required memory device in device memory part selection drop down you can select custom part and configure the required paramters

If you found Swissbit  SODIMM is compatible with any existing Micron part then you can select the same and go ahead

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please do google search before posting, you may find relavant information.
Mark the post - "Accept as solution" and give kudos if information provided is helpful and reply oriented

View solution in original post

3 Replies
vsrunga
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi,

You can use any DDR3 memory that is Jedec compatible

If you do not find required memory device in device memory part selection drop down you can select custom part and configure the required paramters

If you found Swissbit  SODIMM is compatible with any existing Micron part then you can select the same and go ahead

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please do google search before posting, you may find relavant information.
Mark the post - "Accept as solution" and give kudos if information provided is helpful and reply oriented

View solution in original post

ashishd
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee
Hello,

For knowing Jedec compatible DDR3 memory below link can be useful
https://www.jedec.org/news/pressreleases/jedec-publishes-widely-anticipated-ddr3l-low-voltage-memory-standard
Regards,
Ashish
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.
Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
harmanblazex
Visitor
Visitor
Thank You for reply.
0 Kudos