UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor yang_hailei
Visitor

ECCCADDR1 in DDRC Module

Jump to solution

I'm using DDR4 in my system, and need open ecc.

But I'm confused by a register named ECCCADDR1.

In this register the field name ecc_corr_col give a description. and I don't know what is the 'beat' , the number 0 and number 4 in description.

The ecc_corr_col should indicates the column number, and why the beat in this field??

If the ecc_corr_col stand for the column number and beat number, the 4(b'100) of beat should 3 bits width and column must 10 bits width.

The ecc_corr_col is 12 bits width.                       12  [11:0]   <  13 =  3 + 10 .

This is the register of ECCCADDR1

image.png

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: ECCCADDR1 in DDRC Module

Jump to solution

Hello @yang_hailei,

This is due to the nature of the DDR4 burst length which is always 8 for this controller.  This means the command will be issued to a column address but 8 bursts of data will come from the memory, meaning 8 consecutive column addresses will be read. The least significant 4-bits of the column address will either be 0x8 or 0x0 for every command issued by the controller.  Now if you exclude bit 3 then bits 2-0 will tell you if the ECC error happened.  If bits 2:0 = 0x0 then the error was detected within the first 4 bursts (bust 0-3) of the access and if bits 2:0 = 0x4 then the error was detected within the last 4 bursts (burst 4-7).

4 Replies

Jump to solution

Hello @yang_hailei,

This is due to the nature of the DDR4 burst length which is always 8 for this controller.  This means the command will be issued to a column address but 8 bursts of data will come from the memory, meaning 8 consecutive column addresses will be read. The least significant 4-bits of the column address will either be 0x8 or 0x0 for every command issued by the controller.  Now if you exclude bit 3 then bits 2-0 will tell you if the ECC error happened.  If bits 2:0 = 0x0 then the error was detected within the first 4 bursts (bust 0-3) of the access and if bits 2:0 = 0x4 then the error was detected within the last 4 bursts (burst 4-7).

Visitor yang_hailei
Visitor

Jump to solution

Hi, ryana

Thanks your reply.

I think I know the meaning of the column address.

That is if I got a value 0x14 = 20 (0x10= 16 = 2 * 8 ,0x04 = b'100),  it indicates that the error in the third burst and in the 16th-20th column?

The value of the column will never be 0x01 0x02 0x03 0x05 0x06 0x07 ?

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Hello @yang_hailei,

If you got a value of 0x14 then the read was issue to column address 0x10 and the error was detected in burst 4-7, so the start was column 16 and the error was detected somewhere in column address 20-23.  The lowest nibble of this column register will only be 0x0, 0x4, 0x8, or 0xC.

Visitor yang_hailei
Visitor

Jump to solution

Thank you!

I think I know how to calculate the column address.

0 Kudos