cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
raghavs
Visitor
Visitor

ERROR: [DRC RTRES-1] Backbone resources: 1 net(s) have CLOCK_DEDICATED_ROUTE set to BACKBONE but do not use backbone resources. The problem net(s) are

Jump to solution

Hi,

My Design was working fine with mig_7series (Without AXI).
Now, I needed mig_7series (with AXI) based memory controller.
I have attached mig_7series_axi4 configuration that was used to generate using MIG wizard.

I am using Vivado 2018.2. and Digilent genesys2 board.
I see below error during implementation. Can you please give me a hint to solve this?

ERROR: [DRC RTRES-1] Backbone resources: 1 net(s) have CLOCK_DEDICATED_ROUTE set to BACKBONE but do not use backbone resources. The problem net(s) are chipset/clk_mmcm/inst/mc_sys_clk
In above message, mc_sys_clk is connecte to both "sys_clk" and "ref_clk" at mig_7series_axi4 instance.

Thank you!,
Raghav

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
kren

There will not be any functional problem.

-----------------------------------------------------Please don't forget to give kudos or accept as solution if information provided is helpful.---------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

3 Replies
yangc
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

please refer to https://forums.xilinx.com/t5/Implementation/DRC-RTRES-1-Backbone-resources-1-net-s-have-CLOCK-DEDICATED/m-p/1042044 to have a try.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
raghavs
Visitor
Visitor

Hi,

I set it to CLOCK_DEDICATED_ROUTE set to FALSE to avoid error, NOT sure if it creates any functional issues.

I will update here later.

Thanks,

Raghav

0 Kudos
kren

There will not be any functional problem.

-----------------------------------------------------Please don't forget to give kudos or accept as solution if information provided is helpful.---------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post