cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

HBM initialization files

Jump to solution

Hi,

Here https://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/72608.html is described the way how to fix HBM Configuration error in Vivado 2019.1 and earlier versions. It says to modify and  remove the calibration window checks in project.srcs/sources_1/ip/hbm_0/hdl/rtl/xpm_internal_config_file_X.mem files.
I have a question regarding at  which step does tool integrates information from "xpm_internal_config_file_X.mem" files with the design?
I mean I have implemented design before and after changing those files I need to do synthesis + implementation + bitstream generation steps to see whether my HBM initialization changes work, or I can skip any of those steps?

Many Thanks,
Lusine

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Hi lusine@altered-silicon.com 

In Vivado Hardware Manager when bit stream is programmed, a configuration error might be reported in the Vivado Hardware Manager.

if no error reported then just skip them. If error reported then follow the steps mentioned in AR.

while coming to xpm_internal_config_file_X.mem, is IP output product - after changes you have to synthesis, implementation.

Regards
Pratap

Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted

Hi lusine@altered-silicon.com 

In Vivado Hardware Manager when bit stream is programmed, a configuration error might be reported in the Vivado Hardware Manager.

if no error reported then just skip them. If error reported then follow the steps mentioned in AR.

while coming to xpm_internal_config_file_X.mem, is IP output product - after changes you have to synthesis, implementation.

Regards
Pratap

Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos