cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Adventurer
Adventurer

HW cosimulation on MIG design on VIrtex 5

Hello,

I have a virtex-5 board and I used the CoreGen to generate a memory controller interface to an on-board DDR2. The design comes with a synthesizable test bench. I am a bit confused about how this testbench is used or how to use it. Is it for hw co-simulation? I believe it is. However, for some reason, I cannot do a hw co-simulation using iSim on ISE 14.4. I have a Xilinx System edition license, and have access to all the tools. Hence, I doubt if this is a license issue.Looking at the reference guide : http://www.xilinx.com/tools/feature/14_1_isim_hw_cosim_qrg.pdf, I observe that my directory to $XILINX/sysgen is empty.

Any suggestions would be useful.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi

The example design and the test bench delivered with MIG are to assist with easy testing on the Hardware and to make it easy for customers to modify it for thier custom applications.

It is nothing to do with HW cosimulation.

Regards,

Satish

--------------------------------------------------​--------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful.
--------------------------------------------------​-------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Adventurer
Adventurer

I don't understand then how the testbench is supposed to be used for testing on the hardware other than hw co-simulation. When I install the bitstream onto my FPGA, how can I use the testbench provided? Thanks.

0 Kudos