cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Adventurer
Adventurer

How to get complete access to an 8GB memory module using MIG and Microblaze?

Jump to solution

Hi,

I'm using IPI in Vivado to create a MIG memory controller. I can successfully read/write data to my memory module. However, I'm only using 1GB of the memory module (the AXI address range is from 0x80000000 to 0xBFFFFFFF).

How can I get access to all the 8GB of my memory? Microblaze registers range from 0x0 to 0xFFFFFFFF and this will only give me 4GB (from which some need to be used for MDM, interrupt controller, etc).

Could anyone please help me find a way to use the entire 8GB?

Thanks.

Tags (4)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

HI,

If you have many pheripherals and limited addresses  I am not sure how you can have fixed address map to cover entire 8GB but if you have sufficient address range and the tool do not allow you,  please check below discussion

http://forums.xilinx.com/t5/MIG-Memory-Interface-Generator/Vivado-2013-3-IP-integrator-address-editor-offset-address-can/td-p/394531

Hope this helps

-Vanitha

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please do google search before posting, you may find relavant information.
Mark the post - "Accept as solution" and give kudos if information provided is helpful and reply oriented

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

HI,

If you have many pheripherals and limited addresses  I am not sure how you can have fixed address map to cover entire 8GB but if you have sufficient address range and the tool do not allow you,  please check below discussion

http://forums.xilinx.com/t5/MIG-Memory-Interface-Generator/Vivado-2013-3-IP-integrator-address-editor-offset-address-can/td-p/394531

Hope this helps

-Vanitha

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mark the post - "Accept as solution" and give kudos if information provided is helpful and reply oriented

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Adventurer
Adventurer

Hi Vanitha,

Thanks very much for the link. This seems like a pormising solution for me. The only thing I am not sure about is how to increase the address space from 32 bits to 34 bits. In the forum that you references the original poster has somehow managed to use a 34 bit address space. Do you know how I can achieve this?

Thank!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi,

I think they might be sharing the address bus or using AXI interconnect and some othe rlogic,  you can ask the question in that thread and get their design details.

0 Kudos