cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Karthi_P
Observer
Observer

How to perform write and read operations in ddr4 of zynq ultrascale+MPSoc using PS(SDK)

Jump to solution

Hi Everyone,

I am new to Zynq SoC(PS and PL concepts). I am using Zynq ultrscale+ZC102 Evaluation Kit. Anyone can tell about How to perform read and write operation from PS to DDR4 memory( MTA4ATF51264HZ-2G6E1) location.

I need to write the data in specific address location through Vitis(SDK) and also read the data from that address location and need to see the read back data in PS SDK. Anyone can you explain about this.

is any DDR Configuration is required in PS window? (custom or Specified DDR Memory part)

If custom means, any thing need to change in that (DDR configuration window) like speed bin, Cas latency ..etc

In SDK side, is any library available for this purpose.

Thanks,

Karthi P

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
rpr

Hi @Karthi_P 

Vivado provides block automation for xilinx eval board.

- create block design, add zynq MPSOC and click block automation.

- Tool generates PS DDR config settings, you can review them.

- validate the block design, create HDL wrapper, generate the bitstream, and export to SDK/Vitis.

- Vitis/SDK provides the address range of each module for example for here PS DDR base - high address range.

Regards
Pratap

Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
rpr

Hi @Karthi_P 

Vivado provides block automation for xilinx eval board.

- create block design, add zynq MPSOC and click block automation.

- Tool generates PS DDR config settings, you can review them.

- validate the block design, create HDL wrapper, generate the bitstream, and export to SDK/Vitis.

- Vitis/SDK provides the address range of each module for example for here PS DDR base - high address range.

Regards
Pratap

Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos