UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor seiya
Visitor

IDELAYCTRL in Kintex MIG

Jump to solution

Hello,

In UG471, it says, IDELAYCTRL modules exist in every I/O column in every clock region.

However, in Kintex-32T MIG DDR3-1600-64bit Design. I can only find one  IDELAYCTRL instance.

as we know, DDR3-1600-64bit Design, need one io bank for ddr3 address, and two io bank for ddr3 dq.

two io bank can share one  IDELAYCTRL instance?

can you help me.

sincerely,

seyior

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: IDELAYCTRL in Kintex MIG

Jump to solution

Hi,

Yes it is for one bank, I just realized that you are using X64 bit interface, please check below link for the steps to find out IDELAYCTRL instances, I hope the approach remains same for 7 series

http://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/24704.htm

Regards,

Vanitha

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please do google search before posting, you may find relavant information.
Mark the post - "Accept as solution" and give kudos if information provided is helpful and reply oriented
8 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

Hi,

All the banks of MIG interface lies in one column and hence can share one IDELAYCTRL instance

Regards,

Vanitha

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mark the post - "Accept as solution" and give kudos if information provided is helpful and reply oriented
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Historian
Historian

Jump to solution

two io bank can share one  IDELAYCTRL instance?

It is true that there is one IDELAYCTRL per bank, and the IDELAY/ODELAY cells in that bank use that IDELAYCTRL.

However, the tools will replicate instantiated IDELAYCTRL cells. The IDELAYCTRL cell takes two inputs (a clock and a reset) and generates one output (locked, that is usually ignored). These signals can be routed anywhere on the die (assuming the clock comes from a BUFG), therefore, they can be connected to the IDELAYCTRL in any bank. When the tool sees a bank that has IDELAY/ODELAY cells instantated and there is one (and only one) IDELAYCTRL instantated in the design, it will connect the clock and reset signal to the IDELAYCTRL cells in each bank that has IDELAY/ODELAY (and AND the locked signals together, I think).

If you need to use different clock, reset and locked signals, you group IDELAY/ODELAY and IDELAYCTRL cells using the property IODELAYGROUP - this tell the tools which IDELAYCTRL needs to be replicated in a given bank. You cannot have two different IODELAYGROUP groups in the same bank (since there is only one IDELAYCTRL).

Avrum

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

Hi,

Just to add on to the discussion, you can refer to http://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/39966.htm

Thanks,

Deepika.

Thanks,
Deepika.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Google your question before posting. If someone's post answers your question, mark the post as answer with "Accept as solution". If you see a particularly good and informative post, consider giving it Kudos (the star on the left)
0 Kudos
Visitor seiya
Visitor

Jump to solution

Dear Vanitha, Avrum, Deepika.

Thanks for your kindly help!  

really, i can find only one IDELAYCTRL instance in fpgaeditor and planahead.

where can i find " IDELAYCTRL share rule" in xilinx document?

sincerely

seyior.

0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

Hi,

Below figure shows IDELAYCTRL locations in 7 series device, for your specific configuration it is possible that you might have one IDELAYCTRL 

IDELAYCTRL_text.png

IDELAYCTRL.png

Regards,

Vanitha

0 Kudos
Visitor seiya
Visitor

Jump to solution

Dear Vanitha,

In ug472_7Series_Clocking.pdf,

it says one clock region is for one i/o bank.

page 11
  ----------------
  A clock region includes all synchronous elements (for instance: CLB, I/O, serial
  transceivers, DSP, block RAM, CMT) in an area spanning 50 CLBs and one I/O bank
  (50 I/Os), with a horizontal clock row (HROW) in its center.
  ----------------

so, one IDELAYCTRL instance is for one i/o bankd?

sincerely,

seyior

0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

Hi,

Yes it is for one bank, I just realized that you are using X64 bit interface, please check below link for the steps to find out IDELAYCTRL instances, I hope the approach remains same for 7 series

http://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/24704.htm

Regards,

Vanitha

Visitor seiya
Visitor

Jump to solution

Dear Vanitha,

thanks your help very much!.

I use ISE's "Generate Post-Place & Roue Sikmulation Model".

in the generated "xx_timesim.v" file, i can find 2 idelayctrl instances in MIG Module.

so, one idelayctrl instance for on i/o bank(region) is true.

sincerely,

seyior

0 Kudos