Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hmy
Visitor
Visitor

IP and training course recommendation

Jump to solution

Could someone suggest which IP can be used for accessing external DDR4 RAM from Kintex Ultrascale+ board?

And is there a course that teaches beginners how to use that specific IP?

I heard AXI4 interface is needed for the access to external memory. Could you suggest a course that introduces what AXI4 is and how to use it in HLS?

Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
kren

PG150 is quite helpful and you can start with the IP example design (simulation or on hardware). You can choose user interface or AXI interface within the IP wizard.

-----------------------------------------------------Please don't forget to give kudos or accept as solution if information provided is helpful.---------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
dpaul24
Scholar
Scholar

@hmy,

https://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/ip_documentation/ultrascale_memory_ip/v1_4/pg150-ultrascale-memory-ip.pdf

In this docu is a section called Example Design. Study it and follow the Example Design simulation closely to understand how the core works.

------------FPGA enthusiast------------
Consider giving "Kudos" if you like my answer. Please mark my post "Accept as solution" if my answer has solved your problem

0 Kudos
kren

PG150 is quite helpful and you can start with the IP example design (simulation or on hardware). You can choose user interface or AXI interface within the IP wizard.

-----------------------------------------------------Please don't forget to give kudos or accept as solution if information provided is helpful.---------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos