Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dixitjz
Visitor
Visitor

IP core support for Artix-7

Hi,

I found from the Artix-7 datasheet that it supports IP core for DDR3L RAMs. I want a clarification regarding whether the Artix-7 device will support IP core for DDR3L-RS RAMs. This is for my confirmation.

Thanking You,

0 Kudos
2 Replies
yenigal
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi

The DDR3L-RS(Reduced standby) RAMs reduce the overall system power by reducing the standby self-refresh which takes placein the memory devices and are backward compatible with DDR3 standard and no changes are necessary at the controller level,So the MIG generated for DDR3L can be used for DDR3L-RS parts as well and you can use the custom option if the particular memory part or equivalent DDR3L part is not found in the MIG GUI.

Refer UG586 for more details about custom part creation.

Regards,

Satish

--------------------------------------------------​--------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful.
--------------------------------------------------​-------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
vsrunga
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi,

It might be true that DDRLl_RS needs no change from controller end, but MIG IP wise it is not tested and hence needs analysis for confirmation

If you could share us memory datasheet for the exact part we can look into it and share more details.

Alternatively you can reach your local FAE and he can do the needful.

-Vanitha

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please do google search before posting, you may find relavant information.
Mark the post - "Accept as solution" and give kudos if information provided is helpful and reply oriented
0 Kudos