UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Visitor dmtutd
Visitor

LPDDR2 MIG - different "InputClkFreq" setting than GUI

I am having an issue where my build fails because of the following error:

In my design, I have a 200 MHz system clock input, which we need to use for the reference clock as well.

I set the Clock Period to 3333 ps, and when I go to the next page, it shows a valid 200 MHz (5000 ps) Input Clock Period selection. As you can see from the picture, it isn't 200.04 with decimal places as shown for other clock periods.

However, when I generate the output products and look at the mig_a.prj, it sets the InputClkFreq to 200.02 as also shown in the diagram.

Your help is greatly appreciated.

CRITICAL WARNING: [Timing 38-469] The REFCLK pin of IDELAYCTRL axi4_mig_top_i/RealMemGen.lpddr2_mig_inst/u_lpddr2_mig_mig/u_iodelay_ctrl/u_idelayctrl has a clock period of 4.995 ns (frequency 200.02 Mhz) but IDELAYE2 axi4_mig_top_i/RealMemGen.lpddr2_mig_inst/u_lpddr2_mig_mig/u_memc_ui_top_std/mem_intfc0/ddr_phy_top0/u_ddr_mc_phy_wrapper/u_ddr_mc_phy/ddr_phy_4lanes_1.u_ddr_phy_4lanes/ddr_byte_lane_A.ddr_byte_lane_A/ddr_byte_group_io/input_[6].iserdes_dq_.idelaye2 has REFCLK_FREQUENCY of 200.000 Mhz (period 5.000 ns). The IDELAYCTRL REFCLK pin frequency must match the IDELAYE2 REFCLK_FREQUENCY property.
Resolution: Check that the IDELAYCTRL REFCLK pin is receiving a clock and that the period of the clock matches the REFCLK_FREQUENCY property of the <IDELAYE2/ODELAYE2>.

mig_a_prj.png
inputclkperiod.png
clkperiod.png
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

回复: LPDDR2 MIG - different "InputClkFreq" setting than GUI

You have set up the LPDDR2 controller running at 300MHz with 200MHz clock input. However, the arribute settings of the MMCM inside MIG IP have limitations. I suggest you safely ignore the warning message. 

0 Kudos

Hello @dmtutd ,

Using those same settings in a Kintex-7 device I generated an LPDDR2 Example Design with a 3333ps interface rate and a 200MHz System Clock with the Reference Clock set to Use System Clock and didn't generate any errors through implementation. When I wrote out the XDC file I saw the create_clock constraint was set to 4.999ps

create_clock -period 4.999 [get_ports sys_clk_p]

0 Kudos
Visitor dmtutd
Visitor

Hi @ryana,

I didn't get errors either, but just critical warnings. Did you not get any critical warnings?

0 Kudos

Hello @dmtutd ,

Oh, my mistake.  I did get the Critical Warnings but in this context they're safe to ignore.  If you manually modify the IP XDC to set the sys_clk period to 5ns and re-run implementation you will no longer see any CWs.

0 Kudos