Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor
Visitor

MIG 4.2 Support for 16GB DDR3 SODIMM

Jump to solution

Hello,

I've been tasked with researching the possibility of doubling the density of the SODIMM on an old design. The part is the XC7VX485TFFG1157-2 and is currently interfaced to a Micron MT18KSF1G72HZ-1G4 (8GB). I am hoping to generate a MIG controller for the Micron MT18KSF2G72HZ-1G6A2 (16GB).

On Vivado 2019.1/MIG 4.2 I don't see any 16GB parts in the drop down list. I am wondering if creating a custom part has a chance of working. Are there any limitations, either with MIG 4.2 or the Series 7 device I'm using, that would prevent a 16GB SODIMM from working in my design?

Thanks,

John

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hello @john__morton ,

From the DS176, 1, 2, 4 and 8Gb are supported in the DDR3.  16GB is not supported.

https://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/ip_documentation/mig_7series/v4_0/ds176_7Series_MIS.pdf

Best regards,

Kshimizu

Product Application Engineer Xilinx Technical Support

-------------------------------------------------------

Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.  Please Give Kudos.

View solution in original post

ds176.PNG
2 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hello @john__morton ,

From the DS176, 1, 2, 4 and 8Gb are supported in the DDR3.  16GB is not supported.

https://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/ip_documentation/mig_7series/v4_0/ds176_7Series_MIS.pdf

Best regards,

Kshimizu

Product Application Engineer Xilinx Technical Support

Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.  Please Give Kudos.

View solution in original post

ds176.PNG
Visitor
Visitor
Thanks Kshimizu,
Upon further review, it looks like the highlighted text from DS176 is referring to individual devices (stated in terms of Gb, not GB). My question pertains to SODIMMs. Would you confirm that MIG 4.2 does not support 16GB SODIMMs? Best Regards, John M.
0 Kudos